Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

?

Thanks guys ! The photo was altered in the sellers original post on Ebay... The seller is gone for now...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

Here is a pair of photos I just came across on fleabay that belong in the trash. It is funny because I immediately recognized them as fakes of the same images were discussed in this thread starting at post #16. That was 11 years ago but these do not look any better than those that were being peddled. These come from a seller on the ‘blacklist’ that I doubt has any original photographs on the block although they are “originals”. Continue to be wary of photographs that are being offered. There is a plethora of case studies right here.

Default Hello! Opinions on this photo? Thank you!

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

?

a first you could do it. The texture of the paper seems to correspond to the marking. The best would be to test the paper on receipt.

Hello,
    please your opinion.
    thanks
    greetings
    Oliver
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

No idea ?

Quote by oliverzx6 View Post
    No idea ?
    They both look fine to me, there isn't anything especially rare to warrant these being faked.

?

In my memory, the Etche Photographie photos have a much smaller circle, or at least a smaller diameter than the one you have.
    but you'll have to dig a little deeper

Default Galland

Hello.

pleas your opinion.
    surface of the front (picture) is shiny, like photos of the 60`s.

thanks

greetings
    oliver
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Last edited by oliverzx6; 12-20-2023 at 10:54 PM.

?

You mean that the paper takes on an electric blue colour if I understand correctly. The effect is a little dull, but this is due to the incorrect use of products that should stop the effect of UV. I also don't like the quality of the image.
    If it's UV positive then the agfa brovira markings are just wrong. Because agfa-brovira papers have never been treated with optical brighteners.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast