Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Berghof Postcard

Article about: Hello folks. A small pickup, but a nice one. I'll most likely be buying a lot more postcards in future, as I've run out of room for pretty much anything else. This postcard shows an artist's

Default Berghof Postcard

Hello folks.

A small pickup, but a nice one. I'll most likely be buying a lot more postcards in future, as I've run out of room for pretty much anything else.

This postcard shows an artist's depiction of the Berghof, Adolf Hitler's residence in Berchtesgaden. It was Hitler's most favoured residence, with him spending more time there than anywhere else during the war.

This postcard is notable, as it was posted a day after Hitler's 53rd birthday, and bears the postage stamp made to commemorate the occasion.

Berghof PostcardBerghof PostcardBerghof Postcard

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berghof Postcard
    P
    Many

Very nice score B.B. Nice to have one that is written on with an original stamp.

There are some great YouTube videos of the Berhof out there that are fascinating.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 04-21-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Very nice score B.B. Nice to have one that is written with an original stamp.

There are some great YouTube videos of the Berhof it there that are fascinating.

Andy
    I've seen some modern video of the Berghof, or rather what's left of it. It's interesting that some features of it have survived, where most of the rest of it was completely obliterated. The Bavarian government was very eager for it not to be turned into a shrine after the war, and it shows. Unless you knew what you were looking for, you could stand on the site today and not know that anything was ever there at all.

B.B.

?

Very Nice BB,
    It hard to read sideways , but is that signed Papa?
    Would these have been available all over germany?
    Or just in that location?
    Look great and that stamp is a winner!!
    Congrats

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice BB,
    It hard to read sideways , but is that signed Papa?
    Would these have been available all over germany?
    Or just in that location?
    Look great and that stamp is a winner!!
    Congrats

Semper Fi
    Phil
    It is indeed signed 'Papa', though I can't make out the rest of the handwriting. If only Andreas was here!

I suspect this postcard was only sold in the Berchtesgaden area, but don't really have any evidence to back that theory up. The Obersalzberg ink stamp matches the subject matter, at least. The stamp was what initially attracted me to it, but I think it's quite a nice postcard all round.

Regards, B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I can't make out the rest of the handwriting. If only Andreas was here!

Regards, B.B.

I was going to fix the photo , But had that same thought as you and just let it go!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Another lovely addition B.B. The O'Salzburg ink stamp is a really nice touch.
    I've been fortunate enough to visit what remains of the Berghof, only now a retaining wall on what would be the left and rear side of the house from the postcard POV. The path coming down the side is still there and is extended around the back to a small museum/visitor centre at the foot of Mt Kehlstein.

I've attached a photo that I've managed to find from the mass of pics that is Cloud Backup, and it shows what would have been the left side retaining wall. There's still chunks of brick and debris laying around crumbled and I brought a few chunks back with me.

Would definitely recommend a visit B.B if you can, beautiful scenery too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berghof Postcard  

?

Nice catch - first part reads" heartfelt greetings"
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"