Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Blurry photo of a Panther

Article about: Always looking for a decent sample of Panther panzer but the price was always too high. Here is a blurry photo of a Panther charging on the road. On the reverse there's a writing "Grafe

?

Default Blurry photo of a Panther

Always looking for a decent sample of Panther panzer photo but the price was always too high. Here is a blurry photo of a Panther charging on the road. On the reverse there's a writing "Grafenwöhr 1943 'Panther'". Grafenwöhr was the location of training camps for Germany's ground forces as well as the proving ground for vehicles, and is still used by US Army nowadays. It is difficult to identify the version of this Panther, probably Ausf.D or Ausf.A.

Mjie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blurry photo of a Panther
    P
    Many

With that cupola, I would say Ausf. D.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very respectable Panther photo. Hard to acquire a solid example as they are heavily sought after photos, most often realized more so than an example of a Tiger I. I could not find if or what Heer Panzer elements were ever at Grafenwöhr during this period but I found some from the SS. I. Bataillon of the LSSAH was here in April 1943. Also as of 15 April 1943 the III. (germanisches) SS-Panzerkorps under Gruppenführer Felix Steiner were at the site. I do not know if they had strength with tanks but the Generalkommando VI. SS-Freiwilligen-Armeekorps (lettisches) was formed at the Truppenübungsplatz in October 1943 to command the Latvian Legionnaire units.

Here is my father's late Ausf. D, 16th Panzer Div.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The fitted long tool box on the right hand side of the hull behind the jack base is interesting. On many Panthers the tools such as the sledge hammer and bar are fastened to the hull rather than inside such a box. The paint scheme, such as it is would appear to be plain as it left the factory - with no camouflage having yet been applied. Nice photo.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The fitted long tool box on the right hand side of the hull behind the jack base is interesting. On many Panthers the tools such as the sledge hammer and bar are fastened to the hull rather than inside such a box.
    Not sure what you are seeing, I see a round tube containing the barrel cleaning rods, and then extra track links attached to the hull.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not sure what you are seeing, I see a round tube containing the barrel cleaning rods, and then extra track links attached to the hull.
    Ralph.
    Ralph,
    I'm referring to the Panther photo in #1, not yours, sorry.

In this picture there appears to be a long box fitted to the right side of the hull, forward of the spare track links.