Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

Article about: I like that photo on the top there Jerry. Looks like 2 of them wear Flak badges and Afrika CT's. And please, feel free to add the others here so we can keep the different photo subjects orga

?

Default Re: Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

I like that photo on the top there Jerry. Looks like 2 of them wear Flak badges and Afrika CT's. And please, feel free to add the others here so we can keep the different photo subjects organized!
    ( all of our photos in the big thread are almost useless as far as trying to go back and find references/etc....so reposts seem okay to me unless others object?)

Luftwaffe soldats using helmet camouflage- july 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Bill the photo was part of a group i purchased from the driver of the Commander of the 384 Infanterie Divison General Eccard von Gablenz all of whcih feature Stalingrad before and after the Kessel was formed , he was visiting units prior to him being flown out of the pocket in early december 1942 so the photo was taken around then , the caption says " 9 FLAK Divison in the Kessel but for how much longer " !!

Very unlikely that many of the blokes in the photo survived.
    that sounds like a real gem of a grouping. I would strongly assume that there aren't too many photo groups like that around... The caption says it all too!

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I like that photo on the top there Jerry.

As you mention Bill, that is my favorite and two of them have blue Luft Afrika Cuffs and Flak badges. I like it that one is wearing the white topped Schirmutze, an officer I assume and they must all be part of a Flak gun unit.

My others are two groups, with in each one multiple pics of the same man. The one appears to be modelling his different tropical outfits and also one when he is involved in food preparation. The first two have written on the back, "in Afrika 26 7 42".

The other groups shows a very young man and I'll post them in a separate post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*   Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*   Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Fallschirmjager at Magdeburg airfield 1941.( I put the red cross on the computer image!) Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

?

Awesome guys. Jerry, even better that they are dated too. Leon, nice Fallschirmjager photo w/ location/date!

Here is LwFD in Minsk.....chow time!

I have a Luftwaffe feld Division Photo Album here are some photos enjoy Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

?

Excellent Lance, Do you know the unit by chance? Were these taken in Wolchow?

Don't know bill but the guys name was Adam Heinrich , the album has almost two hundred photos alot of training snow Cammo ,stugs ,Mg34 some Mortar and as you see MG42
    You are right but with no script I can only guess the unit served in Wolchow 1943
    Cheers , Lancere (Mike)

Quote by Lancere View Post
    I have a Luftwaffe feld Division Photo Album here are some photos enjoy Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*
    I don't know a whole lot about the Wolchow front, but those trenches look like those soldiers were there to stay!

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Excellent Lance, Do you know the unit by chance? Were these taken in Wolchow?
    Certainly taken in the Armee Gruppe Nord area Bill
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast