Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

foto album

Article about: Photo album bought on the market in the Czech Republic but imported from a family in Austria. Interesting photos from France and Russia. On one photo, mark 137 inf.div. I will ask the expert

Default foto album

Photo album bought on the market in the Czech Republic but imported from a family in Austria. Interesting photos from France and Russia. On one photo, mark 137 inf.div. I will ask the experts for information about military equipment in one photo of guys from SS on a tractor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album   foto album  

foto album  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement foto album
    P
    Many

Hi there.

Great album, thank you for sharing it with us.

From the grave photos I couldn't find any information for Karl Maurer, but there is a Volksbund entry for Theo.

Name: Theo Köppe
    Date of birth: 16.09.1925
    Place of birth: Gera
    Death/missing date: 08.05.1944
    Death/missing place: Raum Witebsk
    Service rank: Gefreiter

Theo Köppe was not recovered during our re-interment activities. The planned transfer to the collective cemetery in Schatkowo Belrus was, therefore, unfortunately not possible. His name will be recorded in the cemetery's memorial book.

According to the cross Theo was a member of 1./Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 529, which was part of 229. Infanterie Division.

299.Infanterie-Division - Feldgrau

Kind regards,

Will.

Neat album. We can see two SA members in one photo
    -TJ-

Thank you for liking the post and I'm glad that the sad photo of the graves had some meaning.

?

A very nice looking album. I like the photos taken from the trenches, and during the winters fighting in Russia. I am going to guess that the SS tractor photograph is referring to the image of the halftrack, as I can see that has an SS license plate. That in particular shows many SS men in a Sd.Kfz.8 often used for towing heavy artillery. It appears they are towing a four-wheeled split tail artillery piece - something that looks like the 15cm sFH 18 to me.
    In the photo of the medical trucks taken in the East we see from front to back: a captured French ambulance model Citroën Type 23, what appears to be a second Citroën ambulance, and a Opel Blitz. There was something like 6,000 of these French trucks that continued on in German service after the 1940 campaign.

Thanks for the post.
    I noticed a symbol on the left fender of the tractor, you could read who the ss belonged to. Unfortunately, it's blurry.

The portrait on the right clearly shows him to belong to Artillerie Regiment 262, judging by the colour of the waffenfarbe and the 262.
    foto album