Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Have a look at this picture the three on the left

Article about: Ok guys I have seen a lot of pictures of german soldiers over the years but I found this one here a couple of days ago and mulled over it a little not onley do the three men to the left look

?

Default Have a look at this picture the three on the left

Ok guys I have seen a lot of pictures of german soldiers over the years but I found this one here a couple of days ago and mulled over it a little not onley do the three men to the left look a little out of place especially the man with the full beard. But there uniforms look odd to me . Any one ever seen this picture before and does anyone have an opinion on who they may be and which branch of the service they would belong to.Have a look at this picture the three on the left

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have a look at this picture the three on the left
    P
    Many

Default Re: Have a look at this picture the three on the left

Actually, all the men in this photograph - not just the three on the left - wear Austrian uniforms. (Note their collar patches, medals and leather equipment, too.)
    This has to be a picture taken shortly after the Anschluss in 1938. For a short transitional period, the members of the former Austrian armed forces continued to wear their old uniforms with added breast eagles before the changeover to German uniforms was made.

?

I thought the uniforms looked as odd as the men n them.

?

Strange that the only Luftwaffe personel there is wearing an m35, noone else has one i think

Also note that they are not equipped with Mauser K98 rifles. Perhaps some are WWI vets?

?

Nice caption to go along with the photo......" Bloody bus is late again"

?

I think you were right about the three maybe being vets going to see if I can enhance the picture enough to see what medals are pinned to there chests .Iam more than a ittle courious now I think by posting this I got more questions than I did answers

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Also note that they are not equipped with Mauser K98 rifles. Perhaps some are WWI vets?
    The rifles in the pic are Steyr Mannlicher M95 rifles also known as the 'Repetier' rifle. Note the straight pull bolt and enlarged trigger guard for use with gloved hands. During WW1 the Austrians considered these better than the German Mauser.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I am more than a ittle courious now I think by posting this I got more questions than I did answers
    Like I said, they are Austrian military personnel, wearing transitional uniforms shortly after the Anschluss.

Other examples:
    myimg.de - BHUniformAnschlu208179.jpg
    myimg.de - BHUniformAnschlua1ecf.jpg
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.

?

Sorry I understood that they were Austrian military personal I was referring to there medals I was curious what medals and campaign ribbons that they were wearing and if in fact they were WW1 vets.Thanks for the pictures.Question on the 1 picture what is the raised crest mounted on the front of there helmets and from there dress they would appear to be a honour gaurd is that correct.