Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying a soldier

Article about: Hello everyone, I ask for your help, I would like to identify the soldier in this photo that I have. It is a hauptfeldwebel if I am not mistaken. I would also like to know what is written on

Default Help identifying a soldier

Hello everyone, I ask for your help, I would like to identify the soldier in this photo that I have. It is a hauptfeldwebel if I am not mistaken. I would also like to know what is written on the back, I think it mentions his wife.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying a soldier   Help identifying a soldier  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying a soldier
    P
    Many

?

Andreas Freiburg?

That is a good shout Kohima.

I would read it as -

Meiner Lieben
    Freundin.
    Andreas Freiburg

My dear girlfriend.
    Andreas Freiburg

Kind regards,

Will.

Not an unusual name. However no such person appears within the VDK database, so perhaps he got back to his beloved girl.

Thank you all very much for your answers, do you know which database or how I can get more information about the soldier? I don't know what is VDK but thanks for looking it up BlackCat1982

You are welcome. With only a photo and a name the options are few. Military records of German forces are held at the Bundesarchiv and personal details are only available to next of kin. With just a name it isn't possible to go much deeper. For your future reference the VDK database refers to the Germsn war graves site the link is below for you to add to your favourites!

Grabersuche-Online | Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorge e. V.

Thank you all very much for your answers, do you know which database or how I can get more information about the soldier? I don't know what is VDK but thanks for looking it up BlackCat1982

sorry the message has been sent twice now i'll take a look thanks