Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ u. Jugendvereine photos

Article about: Goodmorning, I recently decided to add original photographs to my HJ/DJ, youthorganisations and Kriegervereine collection. These are my first ones. I just wanted to share them. It is a compl

?

Default HJ u. Jugendvereine photos

Goodmorning,

I recently decided to add original photographs to my HJ/DJ, youthorganisations and Kriegervereine collection.

These are my first ones. I just wanted to share them.

It is a complete new field of collecting to me. I have been reading through the threads about this, I never realised that also photos are so heavily faked.

Thank you to all who shared information about this particular field of collecting.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ u. Jugendvereine photos   HJ u. Jugendvereine photos  

HJ u. Jugendvereine photos   HJ u. Jugendvereine photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ u. Jugendvereine photos
    P
    Many

?

Hi Joost - very nice and interesting photos. The various groups with their flag or banner are very interesting. Any idea who these groups are? The 4th picture of a group march is great.

?

Hi Jeff,

1st picture has the handwritten text ‘Lehrgefolgshaft’ on the back. Gefolgschaft could translate to loyalty, obedience, followers and a company of people, according to multiple translation websites. It appears to be a word not commonly used. Lehr means learn and could in context also mean train or teach. So the complete word should mean something like ‘traininggroup’.

2nd picture has written ‘Zeltlager (meaning tentcamp) 1934’ on the back. Obviously already officially HJ With their uniforms. Unfortunately the Gebietsdreieck is not very clear so the location is unknown.

3rd: An unreadable location name with ‘Bahnhof’ (trainstation) handwritten on the back. The wallplate says; Sunlight schont die Wäsche (Sunlight cleans the laundry). No more information.

4th: a photograph postcard with what appears to be an SA-like group. Maybe other members recognise more seeing their uniforms, hats and insignia. No writings.

5th: HJ uniforms with what seems HJ buckles (Not DJ, which could have been possible according their ages, so probably later in the 30’s). They fly a pennant with an anchor and the word Thiel, which is a German last name, and apparently not a place. This name is however seen a lot in the northern parts of Germany near the coast so that maybe explains the naval(-ish) pennant as Marine HJ (?).

6th: a group of adolescents with Evangelische Jugend or Evangelische Jungschar (Evangelical Youth/Youthgroup) flags. No writings, only stamps of ‘Agfa Lupex’ probably the brand of the photo-paper.

7th: Obviously a group of boys on camp, probably training their dancing skills under supervision of the leaders. The text on the wall in the back is unfortunately not completely visible due to the lamp in front of it. I can only read and understand the first words in both sentences ‘Ein gutes… ‘ (a good) and below ‘Ist auch auf…’ (Is also in/on…). Only a handwritten 6 on the backside.

8th: A group of boys and adolescents resting between the pine trees and flying a pennant with the words JUNG KKV. The youth association of the Katholische Kaufmännischer Verein of 1877 (Katholic Merchants Association) which was forbidden in 1938 and revived in 1947 and still exists with the same logo and abbreviation but under a changed name since 1965.

A lot of words after some research, but in fact not much real information about the pictures, the locations and people I’m afraid. In my opinion very intriguing and I continue to search for more information.

Kind regards