Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Just a couple of photos

Article about: Hey guys, I've had these for the longest time but I figured I would post them here just to add to the database. I think these photos are all related to the same man/unit, as they came out of

Default Just a couple of photos

Hey guys, I've had these for the longest time but I figured I would post them here just to add to the database.

I think these photos are all related to the same man/unit, as they came out of an estate sale and they belonged to a very German family, but who knows?

The picture of the soldat with the K98 has writing on the back. It says: "Zur Erinnerung an die Reichenbacher Quartierzeit, Fruhjahr 1942" (In memory of the (rich district?) time, early 1942.)

The picture of the three graves together is pretty neat. It has a double decal (probably M35) on top of the middle cross. The name on that cross is obstructed. The cross on the left says: Gef. Baganz 15/R3. The one on the right belongs to Schutze Wiechert, from the same unit.

The low wall behind the row on ten soldiers says Auch Wenn (Wir?) and then cuts off. Do any of you recognize this?

My favorite is the one with the soldiers all standing around with their bicycles and K98's. I think the double decal M35's are what I like about it.

Does anyone have any info on the unit?

Enjoy fellas,
    MoAttachment 167204Attachment 167205Attachment 167206Attachment 167207
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a couple of photos   Just a couple of photos  

Just a couple of photos   Just a couple of photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a couple of photos
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just a couple of photos

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The picture of the soldat with the K98 has writing on the back. It says: "Zur Erinnerung an die Reichenbacher Quartierzeit, Fruhjahr 1942" (In memory of the (rich district?) time, early 1942.)
    It means "In memory of the time of being billeted at Reichenbach, Spring 1942."
    (There are at many different towns called Reichenbach; for a listing, see:
    Reichenbach )