Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

Article about: I will use this thread to share my photographs taken by family or given to a family member from their friends during this time as well as others i just redcently got made into photographs fr

This photo is likely 1936 or 1937, or at a time prior to the use of the grey cap in the SSTV, whenever that was.

The grey cap began in 1935 or so, but more in the LAH and in the SSVT.

The shape of the cap and the badges are how you date it.

and, I guess, his sleeve, which is obscured or unadorned or what. If the unadorned is the choice, then this fact also speaks to date, too.

- - ------- - -

Mr. d'Alquen is more adept at this than am I, since he has done vastly more picture research. However, in said image you have the larger cap eagle and so forth.Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic contentKomoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic contentKomoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-13-2017 at 08:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content
    P
    Many

You do see Eicke with a grey tunic and a black cap at whatever date, if that is any help. We have those pictures here somewhere.

I have other Bundesarchiv images of SSTV men in 1937 already with some form of grey cap.Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

MAP
    ?

Truly a treasure trove of unseen photos! I could look and stare at them for hours.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Another portrait with again, a different type of skull on the collar and either a lack of symbols on his cap or a photo production error.
    Just thought this one might be interesting for the SS interested folk on here

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

CBH
    ?

He has a Tk button on the front of his cap, it's slightly obscured by the sun. The piping on the collar is an early practice.

?

A picture of a V1 rocket attached to something and a truck beneath i have no idea about if this means anything. This is a picture i just recently had made from a negative to a photograph
    Maybe we also have some forum members knowledgable about V1 rockets on here who can add some information

MAP
    ?

Quote by Komoto View Post
    Another portrait with again, a different type of skull on the collar and either a lack of symbols on his cap or a photo production error.
    Just thought this one might be interesting for the SS interested folk on here

this is an early SS Black Feldmutze (which corresponds with the early uniform). I am in no way qualified to explain in detail about them or even give them a name (i.e. like the later M40 caps). Others can provide this information. If you look closely, there is a button on the front, maybe looks dark due to the shade or something. It is silver with a skull. The SS eagle is on the right side of the cap.

Look at this thread for photo examples...

early SS Black Feldmutze- authentic?

Edit: I type too much...Chris beat me to it! Good job Chris (our analysis matches perfectly...LoL)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If you look closely, there is a button on the front, maybe looks dark due to the shade or something. It is silver with a skull.
    It could also be feldgrau, which would explain why it is difficult to see in the photo.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It could also be feldgrau, which would explain why it is difficult to see in the photo.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. As noted, I know next to nothing about SS (which is why I keep my mouth shut in the SS section LoL)

?

Picture at the Berghof and taken after the Ahnenerbe Tibet expedition, i have several pictures from the post-Tibet travel to the Berghof and surrounding areas i will post.
    Since it's the Berghof i'm sure it's of interest

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast