Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG

Article about: Good evening everyone, Just thought I'd share my most recent acquisition with you all. It is a grouping of 10 private family photos of SS-Obersturmfuhrer Martin Harnack, who won the DKiG, VW

Default Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG

Good evening everyone,

Just thought I'd share my most recent acquisition with you all. It is a grouping of 10 private family photos of SS-Obersturmfuhrer Martin Harnack, who won the DKiG, VWAiG, and the NKSiG, as well as many other awards. He served in the 4th SS Polizei PzrGren Division, commanding the 1st Compnay, SS PzrGren Regiment 8, by wars end.

Based on his awards and rank in these photos, a portion were taken very early on while he was still just an SS-Sturmann, in roughly 1940. The rest were taken later on, around late 1942, once he had been promoted through the ranks, to an SS-Untersturmfuhrer, and had a few awards under his belt, namely the EK1 and 2, as well as the IAB. Those with a better knowledge of uniforms may well be able to get a more precise date on the photos, but my knowledge is pretty lacking.

There are a few bits online about him, mainly dates on when he was promoted and the dates of his awards, and I believe he's mentioned in one of the volumes of the DKiG book. Whether hes mentioned in any unit history of the 4th SS I am unsure.

Regardless of ideology, he was clearly a very brave man, and to own a grouping like this for me, near the start of my collecting 'career', is very special. I am fortunate that I'm surrounded by very knowledgeable people who can help me when buying items, but also sometimes let items go from their collections and into mine.

I hope you enjoy the grouping

Many thanks and kindest regards
    Hetz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG   Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG  

Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG   Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG  

Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG   Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG
    P
    Many