Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?

Article about: Good afternoon fellas, I just pulled the trigger on this photo which was for sale on German Ebay and won it. Should arrive next week. Looking back this was dangerous as I do not have much kn

Default MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?

Good afternoon fellas,
    I just pulled the trigger on this photo which was for sale on German Ebay and won it. Should arrive next week. Looking back this was dangerous as I do not have much knowledge on the authenticity of photographs from the TR period, however I didn't spend too much on it and thought it was incredibly cool as it showed a pair of fairly rare helmets. If it turns out to be a copy from an original photo which is out there then I haven't lost much on it and I'll just have to live and learn. The backing of the photo looks as if it has been in an album and a quick search containing key words to try and find the photo on the web came back with nothing, and this was enough for me to weigh up the gains vs losses on spending a couple of quid on it.

Could anyone weigh in on whether this is a period photograph? If it is I'll be over the moon as it's pretty neat.

Kindest Regards,
    Harvey

(PS The red was put on by me so as to avoid anyone copying it, probably just me being overly cautious)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?   MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?  

MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG13 Crew wearing M18 Cut-Outs, original?
    P
    Many

This photo just seems a bit too posed and 'sexy' for it to be original and that's what's niggling away at the back of my mind.

I was reading a thread on here to help with IDing Fake/Authentic photos and it had lots of useful comparisons and a plethora of knowledge, but sometimes I struggle to pick apart each detail noted to then apply it to this photo here.
    Many thanks
    Harvey

MAP
    ?

I think this is a typical staged photo for propaganda. I'm pretty sure I have seen it before. It may be original (re-printed during that period) but it is not a one-off.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the response MAP, I was worried such would be the case. Live and learn though. The seller hasn’t updated it to Overseas shipping yet (They’re in Germany) so no money has left my account and the item is still in my checkout, I’ll see if there’s a way of retracting my purchase.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Thank you for the response MAP, I was worried such would be the case. Live and learn though. The seller hasn’t updated it to Overseas shipping yet (They’re in Germany) so no money has left my account and the item is still in my checkout, I’ll see if there’s a way of retracting my purchase.
    I think it is original to the period. Still collectible. It's a nice photo.

And....I could be wrong as to it being a period made mass produced photo. Wait for others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay mate I’ll hang fire for a bit then. As you say it does like staged however, rather than a photo taken by a soldier for his album

?

the NCO, would not ever be sitting up like he is doing in a real combat situation.

Quote by toot View Post
    the NCO, would not ever be sitting up like he is doing in a real combat situation.
    I'm aware of that mate, I was inquiring whether this photo was an original or a reproduction