Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 362 of 365 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

if ever you find a photo of it being worn with another award please post it. I think that would be a home run? the new one you posted is great, a whole family with there son in the SS. wonder if he ever returned after the war/ we will never know?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by toot View Post
    if ever you find a photo of it being worn with another award please post it. I think that would be a home run? the new one you posted is great, a whole family with there son in the SS. wonder if he ever returned after the war/ we will never know?
    This link I've just found provides some great extra info on the award, seems Unteroffizier Duchow (named due to the help of a WAF member) was awarded the 1st Class Silesian Eagle, for 6 months of service in the Freikorps in Silesia against Polish Nationalists. Antique Photos - Silesian Merits Badge
    It also shows a great photo of a soldier wearing both the Silesian Eagle 1st Class and a 1st Class Iron Cross, the home run you were looking for

RE the SS-Sturmann: Who knows, it's also a question I often pose to myself, but as you say, will we ever know?
    The Studio marking in the bottom right is for a place in Volklingen, a town in the Saarland. His cap is bearing metallic insignia rather than the stitched insignia, which I find rather neat.

Regards
    H

CSW
    ?

Today's arrival: a few Gebirgsjäger photos from northern Norway...

I'll have to scan these some day. Quick shots of possibly interesting ones here anyway, apologies for the dust particles

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

This arrived this week in the post.

A small portrait photo of an SS soldier. On the reverse there is some writing. The '1944' I believe to be wartime, or contemporary to the Second World War, but the other writing does look to be post-war, possibly by a family member, it is a rather obscure unit for a collector to list. It notes him as being part of the 17th SS Gotz von Berlichingen, as well as the 3 Kp of the SS-Flak Ausbildungs u. Ersatz Regiment. The location listed is where this Flak unit was based. I'm unsure as to whether he went from the A u E regiment to the 17th SS' Flak unit or if he served attached to the 17th SS while still with the A u E unit, this is because in 1945 the A u E unit formed KG Dirnagel and fought with the 17th SS against the Americans as an anti-tank force.

I can't decipher what the writing in the middle is, possibly a name?

Regards
    Harvey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Default New photo

new photo for me. Can anyone identify or give me any information on the officer in the picture. There is writing on the reverse that I can not make out. Thanks in advance.New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Because he was involved with Flak, I’m wondering if W.helfr means waffen helfer, eg a Flak Auxiliary.

Quote by Willmore View Post

Because he was involved with Flak, I’m wondering if W.helfr means waffen helfer, eg a Flak Auxiliary.
    I think you are probably right mate. I figured out the helfer bit couldn't think what the W might mean.

Many thanks
    H

Sorry for the image quality as I don't have a scanner, but I would appreciate your thoughts on this recent pick up. Looking for any details regarding the event pictured.
    Thank you.New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I don't believe this is an original photo.
    The quality, and detail is far below anything I have that is original, nothing is in focus.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

What your seeing here is my phone camera not focusing properly as I photographed for upload. When scanned you would see it differently.
    The focus is not directly related to the originality of a wartime photo anyway. This was a series of 3 shots taken from an album all of which has questionable framing, focus, and obvious amateur use of the shutter/exposure setting on the camera at the time.
    To me the amateur has tried their best to shoot at a distance the passing of the parade and has adjusted over the 3 shots and hoped for a good photo. The canopy of trees and lighting in the street all affects motion blur and the focus is dependant on the exposure time they used also (hence the children moving closer to the camera as opposed to the men in the parade are more blurred).
    It is by no means a professional shoot.
    The paper is marked and is UV negative also consistent with wartime paper (agfa brovira).
    And the image has not been seen before. To my knowledge it belongs to no book or webapge or printing.
    So it stands the best chance of being original, at least by that I mean developed/printed from the original negative.

Thanks

Edit: showing more detail (again through phone camera).

Last edited by John1945; 11-16-2020 at 01:18 PM.