Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...

Article about: Hi! I have 30 original loose NSKK photos (presumably taken by the same soldier so they're actually a grouping) that I'm being told are worth roughly \\$150. I find that hard to believe since I

?

Default NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...

Hi! I have 30 original loose NSKK photos (presumably taken by the same soldier so they're actually a grouping) that I'm being told are worth roughly $150. I find that hard to believe since I'm seeing complete photo albums selling at auction for $200 - $250 with hundreds of photos.

One gentleman told me that NSKK photos are more rare, which is why they are valued higher. Is this true? I'm attaching a few samples so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any help and insight is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...   NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...  

NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...   NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK photos versus other non-NSKK photos...

Rarity and value often have no relationship. The key is rarity and desirability. There is a dimished interest in the paramilitary units in relation to military photographs. The material illustrated in the photos will also have an impact on their value. Loose photos will bring less than mounted photos in an album with notations or identification. In these type of photo groupings, there are always pictures that have no interest to anyone except the original owner. Those are a few thoughts on my part.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the quick reply Bob. So if I'm understanding you correctly, photos like these, with no actual military shots (soldiers in action, blown up tanks, etc), are becoming less desirable (i.e. less valuable)?

So in your opinion, are these photos worth $150 or much less to an average collector? How much would you pay for a grouping like this one, you won't hurt my feelings

Thanks!
    Dzyner

In my position as a moderator, I avoid becoming involved in discussing monetary value. Without viewing all of the images, I doubt if anyone would venture an accurate estimate of value. As I mentioned, there is a diminished interest in photographs relating to the political formations.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Sorry, Bob, I didn't think about it that way. I appreciate your input very much!