Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40

Article about: Hi all, I want to share some photos of my Great Grandfather who’s details are posted below. His medals were once on this forum and I’d very much like to get them back to my family. Unfor

Default Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40

Hi all,

I want to share some photos of my Great Grandfather who’s details are posted below. His medals were once on this forum and I’d very much like to get them back to my family. Unfortunately, so far I’ve had little luck getting responses. Anyway please enjoy the photos and a little bit about his service. Best regards, James

So far I know the following:

-Feldwebel/Oberleutnant Wilhelm Fichtenau -Panzerabwehr/Panzerjäger abteilung 227/ 1st Cavalry 1939-41
    -Kommandeur 1. Kompanie Panzerjäger abteilung 40, 24th Panzer Division, 1941-?
    -Wounded 22nd September 1942 in Stalingrad, shrapnel to the head, evacuated.

Post Stalingrad I have no idea where he went after recovering from his wounds. I have a photo of him in a 1943 black tankers uniform and my family say he was active until the wars end. He was wounded 3 times, shrapnel to the head, shot in the leg, cannon to the stomach.

Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oberleutnant Fichtenau, 24th Panzer Division, Panzerjäger 40
    P
    Many

Hi James.

Thank you for sharing these photos of your Great Grandfather.

Kind regards,

Will.