Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Article about: I am truly honoured that my thread on this album telling the story of a postman, Postschutz-man and member of the SS (guard/bodyguard/mail courier in connection with Hitler's southern reside

Default Re: A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!

Quote by napalm View Post
    Fantastic thread, Being Hitlers postman would have been big news in the town and from what I know of the obersalzburg area if would be quite easy to indentify him ( if you don't have his name already )...Thks for sharing...
    Thank you, - it might be possible to find out sometime who he was, but I would have to travel to the area to find out I believe (I would enjoy very much a trip to the Obersalzburg area for so many reasons).

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:25 PM.

KSH
    ?

I will take the opportunity once again to thank everyone for all encouraging feedback!

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    That was fun to read, thank you for posting. Must have taken you days and days with a loupe to study all the pictures so good!
    Now you left me wondering what pictures were in the other album!!
    Thank you - I have actually looked at some of the photos through a loupe, but much of what I can share with you today was actually spotted by Andreas/HPL2008 as he was looking through my photos.

I know only a few facts about the other album (I have never seen it): It did belong to his son and was of identical make and size. It had photos in it showing the son serving in a Panzer unit within the LSSAH division during the war. It was sold to a local collector in the Regensburg area before I had the chance to even know about its existence.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:26 PM.

?

Kenneth, thank you so much for all your efforts in compiling what is for me, one of the most interesting threads on the forum. Between yourself and Andreas, you have painstakingly endeavoured to ensure that a wonderful and interesting piece of history is not lost, and shall remain with us to both inform and entertain for a long, long time. This is such a joy to read and browse, well done and many thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Carl

KSH
    ?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Kenneth, thank you so much for all your efforts in compiling what is for me, one of the most interesting threads on the forum. Between yourself and Andreas, you have painstakingly endeavoured to ensure that a wonderful and interesting piece of history is not lost, and shall remain with us to both inform and entertain for a long, long time. This is such a joy to read and browse, well done and many thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Carl
    I am glad that this contribution of mine has given some of you at least, gratification and a fine experience. Thank you.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth

?

Could Frau Sum Turken ( or somebody that can ask ) just put us out of our misery and tell who he was?where he came from?how did he get on in the war?

KSH
    ?

Default A little surprise for some of you!

Within the photo album I have just shared with you was also found 9 loose photographs that must have been taken within 4 or 5 years after most of the photos of the album were taken. I have waited to post them for a while because of the fact that the photos do not directly relate to the narrative as displayed in the album. In fact I cannot be sure on anything regarding these photos to follow, as they do not include "our man" - at least I cannot positively identify him on any of them.

Let me present the photos:

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!
    #36 - I believe that we possibly are seeing a photograph here of the son of the original owner of the album in his black SS-uniform. I cannot prove this in any way - it could of course be someone else.

#37 - Here we are getting, I believe, a high view of the annual commemoration held in München of the events that started 9. Nov. 1923 - namely the failed Putsch-attempt by Hitler and his supporters. I have no idea what car der Führer would be in on this photo.

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!
    #38o/r - A photo of Hitler in his staff car as he rushes past the photographer. The photo is quite out of focus suggesting that we are not seeing a propaganda photo, but rather a privately taken photo. The date on the reverse (which tells us much about what we are seeing here and also about the dating of the preceding photo probably) could otherwise have suggested something else.

A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!A one of a kind, unique and very rare photographic narrative from the early days of the Third Reich!
    ## 39 & 40 - Here we are seeing Motor-SA- and/or NSKK-personnel seemingly being guided around central München by the person pointing in both photos. Notice that they are wearing black mourning/sorrow ribbons over their party brassards. I believe that these photos also have been taken on 9. Nov - and that they are linked to the other photos related. And as such I believe that the mourning ribbons are commemorating those who were killed in the original Putsch-attempt - the same ones that Hitler dedicated his first volume of Mein Kampf to. Alternatively it could be connected to Hindenburg's death in 1934. We can tell that the photo was taken around this kind of time-frame by looking at the flags/banners in the background - where we can see the Imperial flag together with the swastika flag, a practice that ended not so long after Hindenburg's death as far as I know.

#41o/r - The text on the reverse of the photo pretty much says it all for this individual photo:

"Flag parade by the
    village well -
    Ruhpolding, in February 38".

Ruhpolding is a city in Southern Bavaria - but what is most interesting here is the date. I am positively sure that this photo and the next at least are directly related to the events surrounding the Anscluss - the annexation of Austria (which finally took place 11 March,1938). This flag parade here is related to the fact that Hitler is present now in the Obersalzberg and that he is meeting the Austrian Federal Chancellor Kurt Schuschnigg - which of course later yields to the pressure Hitler is putting on him/Austria.

The same location today with a clear view to the village well:

#42 - This photo must be directly related to the preceding one and could show the very Anscluss-day, 11 March, 1938. I have no idea who the people in traditional clothing might be.

##43 & 44 - These are nice photos from undoubtedly the same area - perhaps the family of the owner of the album stayed (on holiday maybe) in the nice house, beautifully draped with snow.

This completes my presentation of all materials that I possess concerning this thread.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth

Very intresting!!
    Thanks for sharing.

|<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Bravo very well done and presented my hats off to you Kenneth and Andreas for the amount of work and man hours that you have put into preparing this post,

Kind Regards Mark K

KSH
    ?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Bravo very well done and presented my hats off to you Kenneth and Andreas for the amount of work and man hours that you have put into preparing this post,

Kind Regards Mark K
    Thank you - it certainly has taken some effort to bring this thread into existence as it is. But I have never had anything but fun doing it really and there is still room for more research here (evidently, as the owner of the album is still unidentified for example). I have a feeling that the last word is not said on this album - but this is what is possible for me right now.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast