Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original photographs of unknown Signal unit

Article about: Gentlemen, I have recently came into possession of this original photo album containing pictures of unknown Wehrmacht Signal unit. Enjoy.

Default Original photographs of unknown Signal unit

Gentlemen, I have recently came into possession of this original photo album containing pictures of unknown Wehrmacht Signal unit. Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photographs of unknown Signal unit   Original photographs of unknown Signal unit  

Original photographs of unknown Signal unit   Original photographs of unknown Signal unit  

Original photographs of unknown Signal unit   Original photographs of unknown Signal unit  

Original photographs of unknown Signal unit  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original photographs of unknown Signal unit
    P
    Many

Hello Keith.

I have moved your thread to the German photograph section where you should get more replies.

Kind regards,

Will.

nice album....can you make out what the sign says on the barracks entrance ?...a fat head is strategically blocking it but it is visible in the other pic
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

The placement of the head is definitely frustrating.

The first portion reads as Infanterie Nachrichten Ersatz Kompanie, possibly followed by 263 or 268.

From the same photo group I would read the annotations as -

Hauptmann Meyer am Rhein.

Hauptmann Meyer und Hauptmann Deyer* in Karlsbrücke.

Südliche Karlsbrücke is a bridge in Nuremberg.
    Sudliche Karlsbrucke Map - Nuremberg, Germany - Mapcarta
    Nördliche Karlsbrücke is a bridge in Nuremberg.
    Nordliche Karlsbrucke Map - Nuremberg, Germany - Mapcarta
    Karlsbrücke
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...2!4d11.0745652

On the 8th photo group down I would read the annotation as Schloß Bruchsal -

Bruchsal Castle (Schloß Bruchsal) is a German palace in the town of Bruchsal, situated about 25 km south of Speyer between Heidelberg and Karlsruhe, in Baden-Württemberg
    Schloss Bruchsal - Castles, Palaces and Fortresses

Kind regards,

Will.

Lovely album to own, thanks for the details Will, great when you can research something like this !
    Cheers
    Paul

Gentlemen, thank you for your review and expertise. It is fantastic that we have German speaking members. For those wondering I bought the album on eBay, what a find. Thanks again guys.