Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Photo of German DP-27 gunner

Article about: A German machine position using a captured Russian DP-27. Two stick grenades are seen at the ready in the top right corner. The machine gunner wears the winter white and a fur hat. Ben

?

Default Photo of German DP-27 gunner

Photo of German DP-27 gunner

A German machine position using a captured Russian DP-27. Two stick grenades are seen at the ready in the top right corner. The machine gunner wears the winter white and a fur hat.

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo of German DP-27 gunner
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Nice shot. Is there any information on the backside of the photo? To my eyes the fur hat looks very much like the Finnish model with its round blue-and-white cockade, and the Finns also widely used both DPs and German grenades. Just being curious - it's a great photo anyway!

I attached two photos of Finnish troops with fur hats and captured DPs for comparison below. All credits to the SA-Kuva photo archive.

Photo of German DP-27 gunner Photo of German DP-27 gunner

?

Not one that has any information on the reverse, unfortunately. All I had was what I got from the seller. Doesn’t look like the hat has an eagle stitched to the front.

CSW
    ?

Quote by Witt View Post
    Not one that has any information on the reverse, unfortunately. All I had was what I got from the seller. Doesn’t look like the hat has an eagle stitched to the front.
    That's alright! I think you are spot on with the observation about the lack of German insignia. I believe I see a small, round Finnish cockade on the front flap. IMO the shape and the material of the hat are both entirely Finnish - and so is the snowy forest view.

An interesting photo in any case, thanks a lot for posting it!