Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Pictures of WWII meeting of Japense and Germans? Jap tour of Berlin?

Article about: I am in possession of a photo album that was said to have been stolen by my great uncle from a Nazi officer's home during fighting in WWII. I don't know exact details of the location however

FalconUS
    ?

Default Rare Pictures of WWII meeting of Japense and Germans? Jap tour of Berlin?

I am in possession of a photo album that was said to have been stolen by my great uncle from a Nazi officer's home during fighting in WWII. I don't know exact details of the location however.

In this album are many pictures, and almost all of them are of some sort of meeting between Japanese and German soldiers. Some of these include a Japanese submarine docked with Japanese soldiers on board, being greeted by Nazi Soldiers, Jap and German soldiers playing games and eating together, large meeting rooms filled with officers, Jap soldiers touring Berlin, and a couple pictures of camouflage netting over German artillery. These images are quite obviously set in Germany, but I don't recall any meetings of German and Japanese soldiers (maybe I'm just oblivious to it), especially not a Japanese tour of Berlin. It does not seem that soldiers or officers from any other countries are included in these images.

Does anyone have any idea as to the value or origins of these images? Thanks!

2. # ADS

FalconUS
    ?

Default Re: Rare Pictures of WWII meeting of Japense and Germans? Jap tour of Berlin?

I'd like to give some more details now that I have it in my hands. Here are some picture descriptions.

Jap submarine being docked by a german tugboat
    Jap soldiers in formation on the submarine
    German officers walking along the Shiffbau saluting Jap soldiers (the Shiffbau is COMPLETELY full with Germans, all the way up the stairs)
    Female German officer being presented flowers by Japanese officer
    Japanese touring Germany / France (Eiffel Tower)
    German and Japanese flags hanging side by side in meeting hall, with officers shown below.
    Germans demonstrating to Japanese how to use Artillery
    Playing games and drinking together

Those are just a few that caught my interest. I think Akira Muto might be in one picture but I'm not quite sure.

Default Re: Rare Pictures of WWII meeting of Japense and Germans? Jap tour of Berlin?

here is a pic of mine.

Hope it helps.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare Pictures of WWII meeting of Japense and Germans? Jap tour of Berlin? 

Could you post some of the pictures? I'd love to see some.

MichaeLikesWarHistory
    ?

Hi im new to this site.i read your story about thoses photos. my grandad took photos of japanese meeting german genrals all orignal pictures.im gonna try and post them on this site