Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS/Polizei Postcards

Article about: Gents, This certainly is not my wheelhouse but traveling around my area has produced an interesting haul. I was able to purchase the following three postcards and now have a total of 4 items

Here is an additional picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/Polizei Postcards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS/Polizei Postcards
    P
    Many

Jb4046,

Thank you for the links and I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Joel

The closeup shows it was dot matrix printed, which is a good sign. A photocopy would obviously exhibit the same printing style. Does it have any wear and tear around the edges, especially around the corners? Every single one of my own postcards has at least some wear to it, as you'd expect for something that's 70+ years old. If there's no wear at all, I'd be very skeptical.

B.B.

?

Im undecided. Hopefully someone else can tune in, i cant offer any more ideas to help authenticate it

Edit B.B since there is no writing on the back, these postcards could of in theory just sat in box not used the entire war. Hence why they look pretty clean and mint

Additional pictures. Thank you ever so much again.

Joel

- - ------- - -

>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS/Polizei Postcards   SS/Polizei Postcards  

The wear and tear around the edges looks convincing to me, as does the age yellowing. Them being black and white rather than colour is still a mystery, though.

B.B.

Thank you again my friend.

I would not touch any of these to be honest. In my 20 years of collecting photos and signed photos I have never seen a black and white polizei that was original ! you can see the borderline on the drawings have expanded when they have been copied from the original color postcard as heavy colors when reproduced spread. The images is not sharp had has lost most of its contrast. The writing on the back has alignment issues and the polizei eagle has been squashed. Fakers/reproduction places loved to print these in the 70s/80s so just because the corners are warn does not mean it is original. The Post War Agfa fake photos are an example of how old photo paper is used to pass off originals.
    The other two show the same issues, In my opinion you have three reproduction cards, Bill T and some other members did good threads on fake SS post cards a long while back, if you can find it using the search its a good thread.
    I know it is not the news that you would have liked, but SS postcards as are riddles with fakes as the militaria is.

Morris

Morris,

I thank you so much for your assessment and I will certainly make the necessary arrangement for a refund.

Just trying to make sure someone does not pull the wool over your eyes, no problem and good hunting!
    Morris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast