Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unpublished Hitler Photograph

Article about: Hello folks. My computer has been out of action for the past week, so I haven't been able to post any new acquisitions. Thankfully it's been fixed now, and I can do some catching up on the f

Default Unpublished Hitler Photograph

Hello folks.

My computer has been out of action for the past week, so I haven't been able to post any new acquisitions. Thankfully it's been fixed now, and I can do some catching up on the forum.

This was a pickup from a trusted seller, who sources most of their stock directly from estate sales in Germany. Most of the photographs in my collection have come from them, and this was one I couldn't let go. Granted, it's not a very impressive item, but it is unique. I present, an unpublished candid photograph of Adolf Hitler. When it was taken, and where, I cannot say, but it is without question the man himself.

A quick Google of the publisher on the back turned up no results.

Unpublished Hitler PhotographUnpublished Hitler Photograph

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unpublished Hitler Photograph
    P
    Many

Very nice indeed

?

Thanks for posting. I've run across some collectors who claim to have unpublished photos of Hitler, Himmler, etc. and absolutely refuse to ever post them or show people the photos.

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    Thanks for posting. I've run across some collectors who claim to have unpublished photos of Hitler, Himmler, etc. and absolutely refuse to ever post them or show people the photos.
    Wary of them being stolen, perhaps. That doesn't bother me too much. I'll always have the original, even if some internet conman decides to steal these images.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Very nice pick-up.

Not that it matters but I have a question...maybe others can answer. As noted, the back has a stamp of the photographer/publisher. His name, studio I assume ("photography artwork), address and a warning that reprinting is forbidden. Would we not assume that he took this photo and then sold like a postcard, thus it would be considered published? Not like civilian who took the photo, put it in their photo album for personal use?

Again, not taking anything away from the photo. It's more of a question about what is considered published or not. Nothing about the originality of the photo.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I thought that it might have been taken to that company to be developed, but your theory holds a lot more weight. I suspect you’re right, though I can’t recall ever having encountered another copy of this particular photograph.

B.B.

I have several unpublished photos of Hitler and Dr Goebbels taken on 14th Sept 1939 alongside Hitler's aircraft. The guy who took the pics was a member of the Luftwaffe going by the other pics he took all contained in a small pocket photo album.

All have hand written notes to the reverse.

I cannot show them now, but they will be up for sale at work in July.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I thought that it might have been taken to that company to be developed, but your theory holds a lot more weight. I suspect you’re right, though I can’t recall ever having encountered another copy of this particular photograph.

B.B.
    I actually like it a lot. Candid but clear and professionally done. He was certainly given close access. I don't think they had 200x telephoto lenses back then

Whether he printed 1 or 100. Doesn't matter. I was just curious, that's all.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I actually like it a lot. Candid but clear and professionally done. He was certainly given close access. I don't think they had 200x telephoto lenses back then

Whether he printed 1 or 100. Doesn't matter. I was just curious, that's all.
    Even if it isn’t unique, it’s an authentic photograph of Old Adolf. I just wish I had some more information as to where and when it was taken. Maybe some in-depth sleuthing could find out more, but that’s beyond me.

Regards, B.B.