Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A very interesting foto

Article about: Here is a foto of a group of Wehrmacht soldiers relaxing near an underground bunker. It appears 3 of them are making repairs to their clothing. TAKE NOTE of the shoes the guy with the shaved

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default A very interesting foto

Here is a foto of a group of Wehrmacht soldiers relaxing near an underground bunker. It appears 3 of them are making repairs to their clothing. TAKE NOTE of the shoes the guy with the shaved head is wearing! What is up with those shoes? They look like women's shoes to me! Certainly not regulation boots. Can anybody tell me what it says on the back?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A very interesting foto   A very interesting foto  

2. # ADS

Default Re: A very interesting foto

It may read cross dressing convention 1942 or maybe not?????

?

Hi, I read it like this;

"Unser Vermittlungs bunker im Dubrovo

Mai 1942"

Translated;

"Our communications bunker in Dubrovo

May 1942"

I'm not completely certain about the words Dubrovo and Mai, but at least 90%.. Note that the writer possibly started to write a different month, but changed to Mai by writing over the first letter. Dubrovo is a village in Russia (says Google anyway..).

Have no idea about the shoes. Would be VERY surprised if they were military though..!

Hi Odessa

I have to agree with Mike I also read for certain "Unser Vermittlungs bunker im ... Mai 1942". I'am not sure about the place name.

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Typical Soviet buildings, probably Ukraina or South of Russia. The shoes is imho civil. There was a lot of civil stuff found in the German bunkers, being recover of them
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for all the info, guys. I still think those shoes are WAY TOO FRUITY to be worn by a Wehrmacht soldat!

I think one of the coolest thing about collecting photos and albums is the style of writing the germans had. It is usually very artistic. I just scratch stuff down on the backs of my pictures.