Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What can anyone tell be about this photo?

Article about: I have a group (7) of these phots that appear to be part of a series of pre-war propaganda photos, as all have similar printing on the reverse. The paper used to print the photos is very thi

?

Default What can anyone tell be about this photo?

I have a group (7) of these phots that appear to be part of a series of pre-war propaganda photos, as all have similar printing on the reverse. The paper used to print the photos is very thin. I was able to translate some of the captions. They appear to be pre-war or very early WWII. At least two of the photos were captioned as being taken in England, of a civilan killed in a hate bombing of some refugees. The photos are in the 5" x 7" range and do not appear to have been bound in a book or magazine. They were collected near the close of the war or shortly after, by a officer who was apparently involved in political and security duties for a division headquartes.

What can anyone tell be about this photo?What can anyone tell be about this photo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What can anyone tell be about this photo?
    P
    Many

?

They're part of an album called Deutschland Erwache, like a cigarette card album.
    You could collect the photos like you have posted and put them in a pre printed album. There were large and smaller format images.
    They're quite common to find, either the photos or completed albums.
    Have a search on the forum or go to Google and search for 'Deutschland Erwache album' and you will find more examples and information.
    I know they have been posted here before.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....