Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wittmann Autograph

Article about: Hello, I was just invoiced for this Michael Wittmann Autograph and have it on hold. I was hoping to get your opinions on it. I’m aware Militaria Relics can be spotty with signatures. Pleas

Default Wittmann Autograph

Hello,

I was just invoiced for this Michael Wittmann Autograph and have it on hold. I was hoping to get your opinions on it. I’m aware Militaria Relics can be spotty with signatures. Please forgive me for only providing the link. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to post pics to the post itself.

Militaria Relics - World War II Antiques & Collectibles

Best Regards,
    Taylor

Wittmann Autograph
    Wittmann Autograph
    Wittmann AutographWittmann Autograph
    Last edited by Tiger Ace; 12-10-2023 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Add photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wittmann Autograph
    P
    Many

Hello Taylor and welcome to the forum....a photo or more would be more beneficial than a link.
    Once that item is sold..that link will become useless to the community..please if you may a few photos please and post here in your thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

Thank you for the welcome and “heads up.” I’ve edited the post accordingly .

Best Regards,
    Taylor

Quick update,

Wartime Autographs determined the above to be fake. However, I’ve been offered this other Wittmann autograph. In my opinion it looks much better. Any of your opinions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Taylor
    Wittmann Autograph

I am not convinced #4 is any more real than the first attempt. Here is an example of a Michael Wittmann signature.

Wittmann Autograph

Yes, I get that the hero of Villers-Bocage was a legend and Sepp Dietrich made much of that, but he only had seven weeks of life left to do such autographing ....... I find it implausible myself that any photo of a tank was able to be distributed to him for personal signing - all logically have to be mass produced facsimiles made for public consumption at the time. Still a nice piece, but not by his hand.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

BlackCat, thank you for the example!

Danamrk, I do agree. I believe the trouble with Wittmann signatures is that there are so few genuine examples to compare to. Wartime Autographs states that there are only five known genuine examples of his signature/autograph. I’m not sure how accurate that is, I’m simply regurgitating the info. It is somewhat disheartening trying to find an authentic Wittmann signature.

Militaria Relics is a notorious Fake Factory site. I’ve never seen anything good come from there.

Quote by Salocin View Post
    Militaria Relics is a notorious Fake Factory site. I’ve never seen anything good come from there.
    Agreed. Just had a look at the helmets - absolute junk!