Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Era Postcard Sent by German POW in Missouri to His Family Back in Germany.

Article about: This postcard was written by a Fritz Darge. He was previously a German Soldier but had been captured and brought back to the U.S. to the Prisoner Of War Camp in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.

Default WW2 Era Postcard Sent by German POW in Missouri to His Family Back in Germany.

This postcard was written by a Fritz Darge. He was previously a German Soldier but had been captured and brought back to the U.S. to the Prisoner Of War Camp in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Fort Leonard Wood held POW’s from Germany, Italy, and Japan. The majority of Germans in the camp were captured in North Africa in 1943.

The postcard reads:

“ My dearest little wife, my sweet boy, and all my loved ones. Yesterday, after a long time, I was fortunate to receive a cherished letter from you, my darling, dated 08.12. My joy was, as always, very great, and I thank you sincerely. I am glad to know that you, Ralph(?), and all our loved ones are still well and healthy, and I hope this is still the case.

Hopefully, my dear mother is also well again, and Hans has overcome his disappointment.

Still healthy myself, I send you warm greetings and kisses, Your loving father. 25.03.1944 “.

After the war ended, Fritz would have been allowed to return home to his family in Germany.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Era Postcard Sent by German POW in Missouri to His Family Back in Germany.
    P
    Many