Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjäger cigarette case

Article about: Hello all ! I would like to ask your opinion on this cigarette case I got some 20 years ago. It is a little worn bit it appears to be quality (the case itself, the attached FSJ insignia I do

?

Default Fallschirmjäger cigarette case

Hello all !

I would like to ask your opinion on this cigarette case I got some 20 years ago.

It is a little worn bit it appears to be quality (the case itself, the attached FSJ insignia I don’t know), it is quite heavy and has a decent feel and look.

The FSJ insignia is copper or bronze, not painted. It is very small (hight about 8 or 9 mm) but very detailed. I didn’t manage to get a sharper pic I’m afraid.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks in advance and kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger cigarette case   Fallschirmjäger cigarette case  

Fallschirmjäger cigarette case   Fallschirmjäger cigarette case  

Fallschirmjäger cigarette case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger cigarette case
    P
    Many

Another old cigarette case ruined, these are sadly are a dime a dozen and have been faked for decades. The sloppy application of the alder is not something I would deem as period. You probably have a nice 30s art deco case ruined by someone in the 1980.

Morris

My initial thought is that it has been put together rather poorly if it is original? The FJ abzeichen is poorly placed, but others will opine soon.

?

Thanks guys !

Exactly what I also thought. The case is very nice indeed. The Adler also looks nice and very detailed. But the putting together of both is ugly.

Of course I hoped that it might be (badly) connected in the war but if this was a common thing in the 80’s... too bad and indeed a nice case ruined.