Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2

Article about: I also like to collect trench art and have some schnapsglasses made of 20mm German Flak shells. But does anyone has a period photo these glasses are in use? I have not ever seen a single one

Default German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2

36.Dug in Stalingrad. Luftwaffe jagdgeschwader 3 Gruppe 3 "Udet". Has Double bladed axe engraved beneath Eagle with Swastika on one side and Pitomnik 1942 on the other side

37.Dug in Stalingrad. Unusual 5 inch tall shell with flat lip. Has Gumrak 1942 engraved above 2 crossed swords over a shield with "1" in it. Beneath is Stalingrad. On either side are 2 flowers each. May be Luftwaffe kampfgeschwader 51 Gruppe 1 "Edelweiss", but ID is only tentative.

38.Dug in Stalingrad. Over polished by digger. 384th Infantry Division. Has the unit symbol-a D with a Sword through it. Destroyed in Stalingrad Feb 1943

39.Dug in Stalingrad. Crudely made short shot. 79th Infantry Division emblem of a double cross on side with 79 on the other side.

German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2

40.Dug in Stalingrad. Short shot not very well engraved. 3rd Infantry Motorized Division. Slanted double cross symbol of unit on one side and "WH" on the other side. Destroyed in Stalingrad Jan 1943.

German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Shotglasses...and lots Of them! Part 2
    P
    Many

21. Found and dug in Russia with 7 others. A flare gun cartridge engraved with zig zags and "Luga September 42"

22.Found and dug in Russia with 7 others. A flare gun cartridge engraved with zig zags and "Leningrad September 1943"

23.Found and dug in Russia with 7 others. A flare gun cartridge with very difficult engravings to read. "Neva Lodoga See 1943" and others that are illegible.

24.Dug near Lvov. A flare gun cartridge engraved with an eagle and a swastika and "Russland 1944" also 2 "H"s? Possibly the makers initials?

William

?

Very nice indeed!

Cheers

44. Dug in Stalingrad. Has "Wolga Russland 1942" on side in double outline letters.

45. Dug in Stalingrad. Has "Wolga 1942" on one side and Iron Cross with crossed swords emblem on the other. Unit unidentified.

46. Dug in Stalingrad. Has "Stalingrad 1942" dot punched on one side and a tall Iron Cross emblem of unidentified unit dot punched on the other side.

William

47. Found in Eastern Poland. Nicely shaped but unmarked shotglass with an unusual to see Handle attached. The only one I've ever seen like it.

48. Dug in Russia. Has hard to read inscription lightly engraved on it reading "Orel Oktober 1942". Found in positions of 56th Infantry Division.

49. Dug in Latvia. Nicely engraved symbol of the Gross Deutchsland Division. A German Helmet with overlaying G and D on it.

50. Dug in Russia near Kiestinki. Very small pair of glasses and totally unmarked.

54. Dug in Stalingrad. A variety of the shell case shotglass. These 2 punch dot decorated pieces are Candle Holders

William

?

Do you own all these William?

Regards, Lars

51. Dug in Stalingrad. One of the very first I found. Unmarked, but an Excellent shotglass-one which I've carried with me around the globe.

52. Dug in Stalingrad. Large and heavy glass made of shell case brass. Has a plug leaded into the bottom and gold striping around the rim.

53. Dug in Stalingrad. Solid copper cup and engraved with "Volga 1942". Was flattened and black when I first received it-I had it totally restored and sealed.

William

Super collection!

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Super collection!
    I will second that comment! Nice collection of trench art indeed.

Cheers

Hello Lars, Yes, I've picked them all up over the last several hundred years and have passed on who knows How many "questionable" ones. Like I said, the fakers have finally tumbled on to them, so it's not very easy to find them anymore. I have a few trusted diggers that I've gotten to know over the years, and I pretty much stick with them these days, but they seem to be bottoming out on finding them too now. But, as you know, digging goes like that. Some years they'll find, say, shell case Ash trays everywhere, and the next year not a one shows up! It's just the luck of the draw, I guess!
    William

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast