Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11

Article about: I have one of these that was bought home by my grandfather Albert Edward Fuller who was decorated and mentioned in the Battle of the Graf Spey. I have sporadically done quite bit of research

Default Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11

I have one of these that was bought home by my grandfather Albert Edward Fuller who was decorated and mentioned in the Battle of the Graf Spey.

I have sporadically done quite bit of research on this clock but managed to loose some of it.

I've always found it hard to sell the clock but have decided to now - its time. (scuse the pun)
    I am researching information about it and would be grateful to know despite selling anything anyone can add to its history.

I will try to post photos ( before unsucessfully) again and if not will try as before in a previous post find a link of something not dissimilar.

Am I posting in the correct forum?

~Wish me luck.
    Kind Regards
    Nicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11  
    Last edited by charonhades; 06-21-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11

Hello Nicky, Welcome to the Forum! It's a nice looking ship's clock-does it still work? What are you looking to get for it and do you have the documentation of it as coming from the Graf Spee? I would be quite interested in it if it could be verified.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Me too !!! I always thought the maker was on the face , as this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine U Boat / ships Clock WW11 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi,

Yes it does work. It also has the original key. One of the hands came off but is easily repairable
    I doubt it was from the Graf Spey ( sorry if I confused you). My grandfather was in the battle but I know not what where he got the clock from as he died when my mother was 4 years old and of course I did not listen properly to my grandmothers stories when younger.

I remember reading about how quite a lot of these were taken from battle ships and were sold for next to nothing.
    The Graf Spey is at the bottom of the ocean>?. so doubtful its from that ship. If it was it would be highly sought after and very valuable I know.

I can take more pictures if you like or even perhaps at some point upload on utube so one can see it 'ticking'.

Thanks for all or any input
    Nicky

My clock was made by Kieninger Obergfell and I phoned them but they no longer trade under that name or something along those lines

Kriegsmarine Kieninger & Obergfell ships clock

a sample of one thats not as good as mine in my humble opinion

Thanks for that link Nicky !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Edited due to worthless repetition.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-21-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I think thats the same as post 6 Andy

Nick

Would have been really something, had it actually Been from the Graf Spee, but regardless, it is still a fairly decent clock. The one in the link is absurdly priced, however, and I don't think the seller should be planning that vacation to Fiji just yet. What kind of price were you looking at asking?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast