Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???

Article about: I was wondering if anyone could help identify this type of what I think may be trench art from either a canvas tent remnant or airplane canvas. My father has had this for so many years and w

ISO
    ?

Question Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???

I was wondering if anyone could help identify this type of what I think may be trench art from either a canvas tent remnant or airplane canvas. My father has had this for so many years and we do not know anything about it or it's genre. Any help would be so appreciated. I have a few other pictures if it will help.

Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Oil Painting On Military Canvas - Pin-Up Girl???

Never seen anything like it, but it sure is interesting. Curious to see what others can tell you about it.

?

A great piece of art work it ain't.
    In my opinion it is a clumsy attempt at a female nude done on surplus canvas.
    The mount of the canvas on the stretcher frame is terrible.
    The foreshortening of the legs is at best amaturish
    The butt is wide enough for 2 women.
    The arm looks like it should be on a concentration camp victim and the hand is a joke.
    The figure appears to have one arm and no toes on the left foot.
    I can't say when it was painted but I do believe that it is post WWII and has a crude fifties look to it but certainly not the abstract expressionist style of that period.
    I can say the value would be minimal at best IF you could even find a buyer.

Its got a 70's B Movie appearance to it, cant really say if its period or not but German women can have hips, based on the Iron Cross and the Swastika on the belly I would venture to say she is supposed to be German. Paint style is weird and looks like that 70's beach scene stuff as well. But if it were a Biker piece why such strong Nazi aspects to the girl as opposed to sex?. Its almost anti-German, do bikers do that?. I do not get the missing arm? is she dancing?. Shoulder is up, second arm is behind, left leg up, She is a dancer. That is a weird piece and it could be period but it is pretty awful from an art sense. Looks 70's but the Anti German is something I do not get if its a biker piece.

That wasn't painted by a German, most likely and American and if its war time it would have to be some kind of bunker piece or I do not know what, would not have made Life magazine like nose art. Its either anti German amateur work or some kind of 60-70's piece.
    Last edited by K.Lindblom; 09-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.

It is a very poorly made piece, i also dont get about the missing arm.
    Im almost sure it was not made by a german, they considered them selfs superior, so a painting of german lady, would be very well made, and the women would not have any faults, she would be perfect and beautiful. I agree with statements above, looks like a post war piece. Cannot be precise about the date.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I agree in that it looks most likely top be a 1960s or 1970s thing. Certainly not Third Reich German. Cheers, Torsten.

?

I'd like to be the dissenting opinion and say that I actually quite like this piece, it's probably unfinished, that's why her arm is missing. It looks like the artist meant to put something into her right arm, (flag pole maybe?) but never finished the piece. If I had room I'd buy it, haha! But, I agree probably a biker type of item, I like this sort of thing actually, biker stuff is another collecting hobby of mine. Is it for sale?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A great piece of art work it ain't.
    In my opinion it is a clumsy attempt at a female nude done on surplus canvas.
    The mount of the canvas on the stretcher frame is terrible.
    The foreshortening of the legs is at best amaturish
    The butt is wide enough for 2 women.
    The arm looks like it should be on a concentration camp victim and the hand is a joke.
    The figure appears to have one arm and no toes on the left foot.
    I can't say when it was painted but I do believe that it is post WWII and has a crude fifties look to it but certainly not the abstract expressionist style of that period.
    I can say the value would be minimal at best IF you could even find a buyer.
    Wow Steve your comment made me laugh but a good some-up off the painting
    Thanks, Glen.