Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Possible german dagger?

Article about: Hello I don't know if this trench art is german but the manufracture of the suport is. More info here Marks of Berndorf Metalware Factory in Austria - Marks of Alpacca and Alpacca-Silver II

?

Default Possible german dagger?

Hello I don't know if this trench art is german but the manufracture of the suport is. More info here Marks of Berndorf Metalware Factory in Austria - Marks of Alpacca and Alpacca-Silver II Products: an article for ASCAS - Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver website. I would like to know if it could be from ww1, because the condition is very good. Any thoughts are welcome
    Best regards,

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible german dagger?   Possible german dagger?  

Possible german dagger?   Possible german dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible german dagger?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks like a trench art Letter-opener, bullets used for guard, Drive Bands from artillery shells used as handle.

Difficult to be 100% sure of the origin and period. The "s" style crossguard is a German design feature seen in early German bayonets and short swords and use of military scrap brass increases chances of it being "trench art". Letter openers were a favorite design.

CBH
    ?

It also must be very small, the silver knife support its shown with must only be 3 maybe 4 inches long.
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-12-2017 at 02:20 PM.