Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier

Article about: I'm not 100% sure if this knife was made in frontline or in POW camp or by forest brothers after 1944 when Soviets invided Estonia but it like this knife. The handle is very well made and bl

Default Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier

I'm not 100% sure if this knife was made in frontline or in POW camp or by forest brothers after 1944 when Soviets invided Estonia but it like this knife. The handle is very well made and blade is still very sharp after all these years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier   Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier  

Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier   Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench art knife made by Estonian soldier
    P
    Many

Hi, I do have one of kind and those are generally made in Mõisaküla, Estonia and for those who called to duty in 45. and 46. volunteers regiment of Estonian waffen SS in nov.1944

?

Welcome to the forum Meelis , great information !!

So these were locally made for Estonain SS units in Mõisaküla by local craftsmen ?

Default knife made for Estonian soldier

Exactly.

Thanks for the information! Can You please also post picture of your knife?

Default Knife

Hi,
    here you have my pictures.
    Meantime, to be sure about the exact history, I take care in nearest future to get contacted one of those guys who still alive and possibly knew owners of those knives.
    Trench art knife made by Estonian soldierTrench art knife made by Estonian soldier

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Thanks for the information! Can You please also post picture of your knife?

Great looking knives!....

Thanks for Your pictures. The blade is the same, the handle is a little bit different and there is no engraving in my knife. As I understand it was made in the end of December 1943 in Mõisaküla. If You will get any more information, please let us know!