Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

3 Ton Half Track Project

Article about: On this thread I intend to show the restoration of the parts I have and anymore I collect in the future. Have still not decided which direction to take, SdKfz 251 or SdKfz 11, that is why at

Hello Granatwerfer,

That has turned out really well indeed. I didn't release the tyre damage that needed repairing was that large.

Job done!

Jonathan.

Great work love these threads, i call a helmet restoration a project , maybe i need to re think that one.

Had some more parts arrive today. A couple of floor plates, will have to find out where they go, and a side locker door. Also parts for the steering of the two front wheels, heavy, rusty, but restorable. These will go into storage along with the other parts and join the restoration queue.

3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project3 Ton Half Track Project

Granatwerfer, I hope you have enough storage space!

Some great looking new editions to the ever growing collection.

Jonathan.

Jonathan, at the moment I only buy what I can store. All the big stuff I have to pass on, only the other day I was offered a nose section, but I had to say no as no where to store it. I think in a few years I will have to start looking for somewhere larger to rent to store the parts.

Not much has been happening lately, work and home keep getting in the way.

Have been slowly working my way through another wheel set, just need to strip and red primer the outer wheel and then it can all go together.

3 Ton Half Track Project

Also had a couple of deliveries in the week, 3 track links to replace the one's I sold, 3 rubber blocks, 1 hub cap and 1 track pin. Sold 5 links as they were for the Ausf A or B which have a smaller rubber track block, which I could not use. Also a front wheel hub with hub cap.

3 Ton Half Track Project

It's coming along nicely Granat, and believe me, this is a very interesting restoration.

Looking good to me, I quite it with just primer! Do the wheels come with different diameter inner rings?

Jonathan.

I think the steel inner rings are the same size, it is the rubber tyres that are different. The two sizes for the rubber tyres that I have found on the wheels are 575/48-510 and 575/48-512. The two parts lists I have, one for the Sdkfz 251 and one for the Sdkfz 11, both state 575/48-510, both lists are dated mid 1943. Of all the tyre information I have on six manufacturers, Continental seem to be the only one to produce a tyre of 575/48-512. Don't ask me why.

Will have to check all my wheels and see if any of the other manufacturers have a tyre size the same as Continental.

Hello Granatwerfer,

Thank you for the information on the tyres, I didn't know that.

It could be my duff old eyes, but this one looks smaller than the one you just posted maybe.

3 Ton Half Track Project

Jonathan.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast