Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?

Article about: I have this breech block, because of the info I got on the area it was found it might have been on a german 77mm field gun that was reworked by the belgian to shoot the 75mm round, can anyon

Default Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?

I have this breech block, because of the info I got on the area it was found it might have been on a german 77mm field gun that was reworked by the belgian to shoot the 75mm round, can anyone verify this? Or is does anyone have some good Pictures of a breech block like that?Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?Cannon breech block, what cannon was it on?

The cannon I believe it is for is the Canon de 75 mle GP III, wich was a rebarreled german 77mm fk16

Not the sort of thing you find every day. Might make a good wood chopping block, which judging by the marks on the metal, someone has already thought of that.

The back of the breech block has seen some use as an Anvil, but some of the damages seems to be from explosives, and if this turns out to be from the belgian 75mm it match the story I've got.