Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German Half Tracks

Article about: Wehrmacht Half tracks I have photographed around Europe

Mate.....some of us dip into “Away” categories to learn....and we WANT to learn. Others stick to what they know and ONLY what they know. Some folk here will shout “fake” but not say why...others will help us thickies learn why. I’ve now learned why. Never undervalue what you know and never be afraid to share it.

Woolgar is filling a disease-generated gap and it’s fun

Thank you.

Oh and if you wanna learn about Home Front Helmets take a number and get in line......you’ll be No. 1. ;-)

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Is the 6th photo down at the Polish army museum Warsaw?
    Yes mate it is
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Visited there 3 years ago and really enjoyed the place, visited the Uprising museum too which was pretty good. I had a good look inside the damaged Jagdpanzer 38 (T) at the army museum, how the hell did you cram 4 crew men into that??

Visited there 3 years ago and really enjoyed the place, visited the Uprising museum too which was pretty good. I had a good look inside the damaged Jagdpanzer 38 (T) at the army museum, how the hell did you cram 4 crew men into that??
    Quite fond of the Hetzer (hence my name) but it must've been a tight squeeze. The perfect tank for Blitzkrieg imo. Is the one in Warsaw the 'Chwat' that was captured by the Home Army? Great link here: Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' - Tanks Encyclopedia
    Not been to Warsaw so I think it's a must after COVID.

Great thread Woolgar thus far and looking forward to any more posts by other users to come.

Regards
    Harvey

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Quite fond of the Hetzer (hence my name) but it must've been a tight squeeze. The perfect tank for Blitzkrieg imo. Is the one in Warsaw the 'Chwat' that was captured by the Home Army? Great link here: Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' - Tanks Encyclopedia
    Not been to Warsaw so I think it's a must after COVID.

Great thread Woolgar thus far and looking forward to any more posts by other users to come.

Regards
    Harvey
    Hi Harvey, no it's not Chwat as it was scrapped. The two museums i mentioned in Warsaw are worth a visit but the city it's self is quite uninteresting. As you know most of Warsaw was bombed flat, it was rebuilt during the communist era and a lot of the city centre is drab Stalinist style apartment blocks. If you want an interesting city to visit in Poland try Krakow.

Hi Harvey, no it's not Chwat as it was scrapped. The two museums i mentioned in Warsaw are worth a visit but the city it's self is quite uninteresting. As you know most of Warsaw was bombed flat, it was rebuilt during the communist era and a lot of the city centre is drab Stalinist style apartment blocks. If you want an interesting city to visit in Poland try Krakow.
    That's a shame, but understandable. Krakow was on the cards for the May bank holiday until COVID reared its ugly head. Might incorporate both cities into a week in Poland and spend plenty of time in Krakow. I'll check out those two museums and perhaps book onto an uprising tour around the city, it was certainly a brave episode in Poland's history.

Had a check and don't think this one has been posted yet. A 251 at the DDAY Museum, the one just off Omaha Beach. Alongside the La Gleize Musuem its one of my favourites.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Half Tracks  

I agree, Krakow is much nicer and also you can visit Auschwitz easily from there
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

...used to be a good Militaria shop just outside the wall of Krakow......might not be there any more

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    That's a shame, but understandable. Krakow was on the cards for the May bank holiday until COVID reared its ugly head. Might incorporate both cities into a week in Poland and spend plenty of time in Krakow. I'll check out those two museums and perhaps book onto an uprising tour around the city, it was certainly a brave episode in Poland's history.

Had a check and don't think this one has been posted yet. A 251 at the DDAY Museum, the one just off Omaha Beach. Alongside the La Gleize Musuem its one of my favourites.
    Thanks for posting this, a great museum
    I have not been to La Gleize yet, I must get there next year

Nick

Here's the one at the South African War Museum in Johannesburg (ok it's not Europe)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast