Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

German Half Tracks

Article about: Wehrmacht Half tracks I have photographed around Europe

Woolgar: Those are terrific photos of Schützenpanzerwagen (Series 251, 252, & 253). To help viewers identify, or try to identify, each vehicle accurately, These are the relative information, drawings, and photos from F.M. von Senger und Etterlin, Die Deutschen Panzer, 1926-1945, J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, München, 1972. Dwight
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...used to be a good Militaria shop just outside the wall of Krakow......might not be there any more
    Was it called Arsenal on Florianska Street?

Hi,

Interesting piece of information about the SdKfz 250 in the #3 group of photos, a very well made reproduction vehicle.

The #16 photo is also a 250 and not a 251 and is at the Overlord Museum in Normandy

cheers lennard

German Half Tracks

Lists of various surviving models and types of armoured vehicles, including German halftracks:

Surviving Panzers

Quote by lennard View Post
    Hi,

Interesting piece of information about the SdKfz 250 in the #3 group of photos, a very well made reproduction vehicle.

The #16 photo is also a 250 and not a 251 and is at the Overlord Museum in Normandy

cheers lennard

German Half Tracks
    If I remember the first photo on #3 was also the Overlord Museum.

Nick

- - ------- - -

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Woolgar: Those are terrific photos of Schützenpanzerwagen (Series 251, 252, & 253). To help viewers identify, or try to identify, each vehicle accurately, These are the relative information, drawings, and photos from F.M. von Senger und Etterlin, Die Deutschen Panzer, 1926-1945, J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, München, 1972. Dwight
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    German Half Tracks
    Thanks Dwight ! Great info

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

'thought I'd dig through my Show pics to see what I have.....I've already proved that I'm no expert in this respect...but they're DEFO Half Tracks......from somewhere

German Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half Tracks

'thought I'd dig through my Show pics to see what I have.....I've already proved that I'm no expert in this respect...but they're DEFO Half Tracks......from somewhere
    All OT-810's...

The all-steel tracks are the easiest to spot, and even when they modify the body they usually let the 2 hinges t the bottom of the front amour plate in place, for obvious reasons.

German Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half TracksGerman Half Tracks
    Great to see these beauties! Whether Sdkfz's or OT's

Thanks for posting
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Pic of the Wurfrahmen in action. Warsaw 1944. I had a few other good photos of these at Warsaw in a book, but my dad's currently reading it so can't get a scan at this moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Half Tracks  

German Half Tracks

The Sdkfz 7 belongs to UK collector Bruce Crompton.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast