Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

Great pictures my friend..

Do you have hatches or a muzzle brake?

Only one hatch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

My apologies for not responding sooner Evgen. Things have been a bit hectic in my life recently, and it has kept me away from the forum.

Evgen... MEIN GOTT!!! You have the best personal collection of Tiger relics that I have ever seen. Dare I say, museum worthy? Words cannot express how much I appreciate you taking the time to share your collection and knowledge with us. When I first started this thread, I never dreamed that so many amazing collectors would contribute to it. I greatly enjoyed looking through your many photos. Also, THANK YOU so much with helping me identify the large section that I have from Latvia! Not knowing the identity of that piece was bothering me a good deal. Now it is time to de-rust and paint it.

As to the smaller parts you offered to help with, I unfortunately no longer have them. I traded them with another collector some time ago. Thankfully the majority of my Tiger collection remains intact. I just wanted to move on those small bits to another collection. I actually have two very nice relics on the way from Europe as I type this. I'm very excited to share them here after they arrive!

It's odd that I am just now meeting you, as I just recently met a good friend of yours from Ukraine. The same man who originally found the wreck site that our relics come from. He is a VERY kind man, and it was an honor to meet him.

Again, thank you so much for the contributions you have made here! They are greatly greatly appreciated! I very much look forward to seeing more of your collection, and absorbing your shared knowledge. I also wish you and your family the best during these trying times. If you need any help at all, feel free to PM me at any time. I know I am very far away, but I will still do my best to lend a hand. Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

Thank you for such a warm review!
    I myself began to embody my collection from a piece of a tiger track, and when I saw your theme, memories of that time warmed my soul.
    I could not pass by and I am very glad to communicate with you.
    Any help in identifying tiger parts is guaranteed.
    We are really having a difficult time now, so every man who can hold a weapon has become the defense of his home.
    We were shocked by the fact that during the period of the maximum development of civilization, someone can come to your house with a machine gun and kill your compatriots with impunity.
    Now I am on the battlefield and when I have free time I write to you, and even if my museum is destroyed, it will remain with you forever.
    We are grateful to all the countries that support us and we will never forget what the whole world does for us!
    Glory to Ukraine !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection  

Now that is one item that I have always wanted, the reat turret hatch from the mighty Tiger.

Many years ago I had the chance to buy the Commanders hatch top, but I didn't and I have always regretted it since.

Fantastic my friend, it really is and many thanks for the pictures.

If only it could talk

This hatch can tell us something:
    1) its design shows that the edges are machined and this tells us about the period of production of this tank (December 1942 - May 1943)
    Thus, we get 242 issued tiger tanks with chassis numbers 250038-250280
    2) We see white paint inside, and this tells us that the fighting compartment was painted white (this information will be useful for modellers)
    3) traces of soot on the inside of the hatch indicate that this tank caught fire from the inside
    Perhaps in the future it will be able to tell us more, because there are more colors of the outer camouflage and it will be possible to establish from them which battalion he belonged to
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

Superb stuff, so much info' can found from just the shape of the machined edges.

A inside fire tells us that internally, it must have been utter chaos inside the Panzer when it was hit.

A fantastis relic!

A monster Tiger relic just arrived today. You should have seen the mail man trying to get this out of his truck!

This is a very large section of the armored support that can be seen behind the tracks. From what I can tell four of these supports would be attached to each side of the hull. I have a small fragment of this part already in the collection, but I couldn't pass up on the opportunity of getting a 'more or less' complete section.

This relic weighs in at roughly 30 pounds. It shows clear signs of battle damage, as its warped and missing a small section. Unfortunately what little remains of the original paint is extremely fragile. The rust has caused it to bubble up and fall off in flakes. The more you move the piece the more it falls off. Given it's state, I feel like the best course of action would be to de-rust the part and then apply a new coat of paint and primer. Here are the pictures of this relic right after I took it out of the box. As you could imagine the box had rust flakes pouring out of it!

The wreck in which this part was sourced from is located in Latvia. I'm currently in contact with the seller, and I'm waiting to hear back from him in regards to it's history.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

A wonderful example of an amplifying profile !!!
    I can say from personal observations that round rivets are the upper part that was attached to the armor above the caterpillar
    the other side had flat conical bolts and was attached to the vertical armor of the sides
    Using the original photos of the tank you will be able to find the place where it was installed in the correct position
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection  

I decided to share my piece on this topic.
    It was established that this was on the front of the starboard side (in technology we call the side of the side along the path of the tank, as if looking at the tank from behind)

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast