Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

Hello
    We have a new
    This is the turret visual block retainer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

Are you going to straighten it out Evgen?

Hello gentlemen,

A truly impressive research and restoration work, congratulations.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

I will try to fix this damage
    I think I'll have to heat up the metal and then bend these parts

Well.. Here's a part that I thought was lost for good!

I purchased this particular Tiger relic in early February from a good friend of Evgen, and it just arrived two days ago at my local post office. It made the journey from Ukraine to the U.S. with no issues, but for some reason after arriving at a postal facility in Texas 'My home state' the USPS sent it to Puerto Rico where it has sat for more than a month. I have absolutely no clue why it was sent there. The tracking simply said 'MISSENT' and from there no updates were given. I called the USPS customer service line many times trying to figure out what happened, but they offered no help and just directed me to my local post office. As you could imagine my local post office had no idea what to do either. All I could do was wait and hope for the best outcome. Thankfully the relic finally reappeared, and it's now in my collection. You wouldn't believe how happy I was when my postman handed me this package. I was pretty much writing this one off as a lost cause!

If it's no trouble, could you please give my thanks to your friend Evgen? I tried contacting him the other day to let him know the relic was finally found, but he didn't respond. He followed the tracking information closely, and I am extremely appreciative of his concern over the whereabouts of the package. He is a VERY kind man.

Without further ado, here's the relic! A fairly large section of rubber from a road wheel of an early production Tiger. I was lucky enough to get a similar section awhile back, but this one is quite a bit bigger. I put both sections next to each other so you can see the size difference. I really like this example as the Continental logo's and letters are completely intact.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Hello
    I have already forwarded your message to my friend
    Although this sector is not big, it shows all the necessary information that proves that this is a tiger !!!
    congratulations on your new exhibit

A very nice piece of Tiger rubber, thank the Lord you finally received it.

I'd be pulling my hair out.. if only I had hair to pull out

Hello
    My friend sent me a clutch pedal kit.
    I think after restoration it will turn out to be a very good sample.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

Attached Images Attached Images My Tiger I Relic collection 

I'm sure that's very rare my friend, are you going to weld it all back together again?

Yes, when the war ends, I will continue the restoration of these parts.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast