Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

Because if you do want to do this .. I'll see what I have left when my three parts make one good one
    Also, you need to fit a rubber seal in the bottom groove, the photo is a fragment with original seal.
    You'll be needing a smoke pot .. the "S" version.

My Tiger I Relic collection My Tiger I Relic collection

I did want to finish it with the self defence weapon, there just isn't any out there..

I would imagine they are very expensive, if one did become available.

Do you have a spare seal or where do you get one from?

The "N B.K. S 39B", is this can different to the N B.K. 39B?

Could you also please post some pictures of your restoration, it would be very interesting indeed

Any pictures of a actual "S" smoke can?

"It's an absolute cornerstone of my collection. Found in Normandy, it is identifiable as a Tiger part"

I can state quite clearly, that track piece, IS from Wittmann's Tiger 007.

The problem is, my brain is very foggy at the moment, so it's not very clear what I state..

Sorted out that rubber "seal"..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection   My Tiger I Relic collection  

Just bought another Tiger relic from a seller in Ukraine. It’s still in the post, so please excuse the photo quality.

This is an internal piece from inside the tank. It’s the bracket that would hold the map/document bag for the crew. There’s a good deal of original paint still intact on this example. You can even see some faint numbers stamped on the back of it.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Hi my friend, do you have any pictures of the actual bag?

Nice piece of bracket, I doubt whether any one would have known what it was..

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Hi my friend, do you have any pictures of the actual bag?

Nice piece of bracket, I doubt whether any one would have known what it was..
    Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the actual bag. I tried looking all over the place online, but I couldn't find a photo of it. If anyone does find a photo of the bag somewhere I would love to see it.

Some of you may have seen the the vast amount of Tiger relics on auction last week over on eBay. It certainly caught my attention, and I ended up winning a few lots when everything was said and done. Only one of the parts can be identified right off the bat. The rest will take a bit of detective work to figure out though.

I thought it was worth mentioning that these parts come from the same seller I got my battle damaged track link from. The seller claims all of the parts belong to the same wrecked tiger, and that the wreck site is located on a large farm in Latvia. From the parts recovered it appears this tank was a late model tiger 1.

The parts are still in the post, but I will make sure to provide more detailed photos when they arrive. I also plan on cleaning each part thoroughly as they are very rusty.

Here is one of the armored bolts from the turret. Each tiger 1 had six of these bolts surrounding the base of the barrel. Similar bolts were used on the drive sprockets, but they were much longer.
    My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

This is a fairly long piece of internal armor. I think it has a good chance to be identified due to the distinct triangular piece welded to it. This metal fragment roughly measures 20 inches.
    My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Here are the rest of the parts I ended up winning. I don’t think they have much of a chance to be identified, but the price was right at only a few dollars each. I thought "Why not" and got them purely because of their cheap price. Thankfully the seller was kind enough to combine shipping charges for me.
    My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

It doesnt matter if they cant be exactly identified, if the provenance is sound, at least you can be sure that they ARE tiger 'ferrous matter'
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    It doesnt matter if they cant be exactly identified, if the provenance is sound, at least you can be sure that they ARE tiger 'ferrous matter'
    The seller I delt with seems to have a great reputation. He was also extremely kind to me when answering my questions. He had a good deal of easily recognizable Tiger 1 parts on auction, so I feel comfortable taking his word on the smaller mangled bits also being from a Tiger.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast