Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

My Tiger I Relic collection

Article about: Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been fascinated by the infamous Tiger I. Right around the time when I was in the 2nd grade or so me and father watched the great movie Kelly’s Hero’s

?

One gotta love the Tiger relics!! The coolest tank ever Here is one of my Tiger relics,I made a model of the Tiger I and mounted it on a relic vision port glass

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

A very nice display! That vision block is awesome.

I agree 100%. For me personally I can’t think of a more infamous tank. There’s obviously the King Tiger, but the Tiger I will always be my favorite.

Yes, I too love all things Tiger 1, just to be able to fire that great big cannon at your noisy neighbours

Just a pity the Tiger kept on breaking down..

Another one of my favourite pictures of the lovely Tiger, all nice and cosy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiger I Relic collection  

Just wish I had one of those bolts, your one has come out very nicely.

Thanks!

I used a rust removing solution that I had never tried before. The reviews for the product were really great so I thought I would give it a go. With how nice the bolt came out, I think I'll be using this product from now on.

Just purchased another Tiger relic for the collection. This one comes from Ukraine.

In my opinion this particular part of the tank held an important role. This is the ejector for the main gun. After the gun fully recoils from firing, this part would eject the empty shell to make space for the next live round. You could almost compare it to the ejector on a simple bolt action like the K98, just on a much larger scale.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

"I used a rust removing solution that I had never tried before. The reviews for the product were really great so I thought I would give it a go. With how nice the bolt came out, I think I'll be using this product from now on".[/QUOTE]

Was it Evapo-rust?

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    "I used a rust removing solution that I had never tried before. The reviews for the product were really great so I thought I would give it a go. With how nice the bolt came out, I think I'll be using this product from now on".
    Was it Evapo-rust?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was!

A bit on the expensive side, but it seems to work great.

Picked up a small lot of Tiger parts from a seller in Ukraine. I was told these come from tanks that were destroyed in the Korsun pocket. The parts were supposedly sourced from two different wreck sites. One site near Lysianka and the other near Myronivka.

I’m still trying to identify them all, but I can already tell what the tapered washer is. It’s the washer used for attaching one of the torsion bars.

Finally got around to painting the armored bolt.

After further research I found out I was mistaken on how this bolt was used. This is not from the turret section as I originally believed, it’s actually the center bolt from one of the drive sprockets. Each tiger would only have two bolts of this size. One for each of the drive sprockets.

My Tiger I Relic collectionMy Tiger I Relic collection

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast