Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....

Article about: Hi All, Apologies in advance for posting in the relic helmet forum, feel free to move the post moderators if you see fit! I thought someone might like to see another "Oxylic acid specia

?

Default Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....

Hi All,

Apologies in advance for posting in the relic helmet forum, feel free to move the post moderators if you see fit! I thought someone might like to see another "Oxylic acid special" come to life.

I came across this German Panzer blackout cover on Ebay from a Latvian seller. As it seemed to retain a fair bit of the original "Gelb" & seemed still pretty solid I thought it may make a great reference piece. Anyhow, after several baths & sealing this was the result - I was pleasantly surprised to see more of the Gelb and even the "Bosch" logo emerge. The rear blackout flap also was able to move again after 70+ years in the ground! The seller claimed it was found near a road in the Priekule area of Latvia - this was a hotbed of activity in the Kurland battles. Unfortunately I can't prove it's from a Tiger or Panther - Several vehicles used this light.

Hope you all like,

Regards,

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....   Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....  

Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....   Not a Helmet as such - But a Kurland Panzerrelic rescued nevertheless....  

MAP
    ?

Fantastic piece of history there. Great job saving it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved to the appropriate section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)