Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

The only King Tiger in Switzerland !

Article about: This is the unit with the chassis number 280215, built in Kassel in 1944. During the war, it was abandoned by its crew without any traces or battle marks. To avoid capture, the crew destroye

Default The only King Tiger in Switzerland !

This is the unit with the chassis number 280215, built in Kassel in 1944.

During the war, it was abandoned by its crew without any traces or battle marks.
    To avoid capture, the crew destroyed its weaponry.

After that, little more is known until 1956, when it arrived in Switzerland and ended up in the guard of the Army and kept at the military base of Thun until 2006.

In the same year, 2006, he was handed over to the military museum in Reuenthal and began his long process of restoration.

I visited Tiger in his warehouse and here are my photos.
    António
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The only King Tiger in Switzerland !   The only King Tiger in Switzerland !  

The only King Tiger in Switzerland !   The only King Tiger in Switzerland !  

Thanks for sharing. Interesting and glad so much effort is put into restoring for future generations to admire and learn

Just comparing the frontal shot to the size of the vacuum cleaner ( as I have the same ) ..... the beast is HUUUUGE!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sure looked impressive indeed. Hate to be on the receiving end of that 88MM gun! Must have looked awesome seeing one crashing through the wood flattening all before it.