Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Potential Sd.Kfz. 251 pair of wheels?

Article about: Just gotten into WW2 history over the past year and have just realised that this old trailer which I use to move logs around might have the wheels from Sd.Kfz. 251 or similar vehicle. Anyway

?

Default Potential Sd.Kfz. 251 pair of wheels?

Just gotten into WW2 history over the past year and have just realised that this old trailer which I use to move logs around might have the wheels from Sd.Kfz. 251 or similar vehicle. Anyway these could be verified? And not sure on how to read the dates of the tyre makes so any help appreciated.

Those are indeed the wheels of a Sdkfz 251. Ive recently been to a museum where they had a Sdkfz 251 and the tire markings are exactly the same. Afaik most rubber wheels of that kind were made by Continental, so usually the makers name is also stamped into the rubber. Nice find!

?

Thanks for the confirmation!
    One tire is Continental while the other is Dunlop which is also interesting - the tire pictured is the Dunlop one.
    Its a funny find because its just been in the garden above ground right in front of my eyes for the last 15 years instead of below ground like everything else I've found

575/48-512 is for Sdkfz 11 though.

?

Could well be because of the Sdkfz 11 being in production earlier and the area I live in having only really seen German action in the early war. Nothing I've found is dated past 1940 for all munitions. Apart from aircraft rounds that have landed in my garden aimed at the Germans crossing the Seine years later.
    Thanks for the information, where do you find the details for tire marks and corresponding vehicles may I ask?