Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Article about: I got this a Pz.KpfW III/Stug relic bracket but Im not sure what it was for. I thought initially it was for the S-Hooks however additional photographic study seems to not confirm this. Can a

Default Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

I got this a Pz.KpfW III/Stug relic bracket but Im not sure what it was for. I thought initially it was for the S-Hooks however additional photographic study seems to not confirm this.

Can anyone assist with the ID? It appears to have minor remnants of paint remaining.

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Thank you

Hi,
    As this bracket is fitted with a gravity half wing locking nut, it may be better to show the photographs of it in its more likely orientation. Hope this helps, as I do not know its use either.

cheers lennard

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Thank you Lennard. That indeed helps to look at hull mounted versus those that were mounted to running boards. I cant match it to anything on the Panzer III/Stug family so far despite what the seller stated. I was looking for the S-hook mounting bracket. A lesson in doing my homework before jumping in.

I was able to free the half wing locking nut so that it rotates completely as well as the rear pivot point so it opens and closes now as designed.

Im hoping Oxalic acid treatment will bring the original paint out more. Looks to be RAL 7028.

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Just a thought..... could it be for fastening a length of lumber to the hull? ( an unditching beam )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I was able to get in touch with my seller and was told this was actually recovered from a Sd.Kfz. 251/1, Sd Kfz 250 / Sd Kfz 251 half-track medium armored personnel carrier. Perhaps that will help clear it up.

To be fair though there is a similar jack attachment Ive located on a Pz.Kpfw III Ausf. F at Saumur. Slightly different but also has the half wing locking nut and is not mounted vertically.

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket

Pz.KpfW III/Stug bracket