Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?

Article about: I'm hoping these are Pzr III wheels/rollers, but what about the jack? Thanks Bigsie

Default Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?

I'm hoping these are Pzr III wheels/rollers, but what about the jack?

Thanks

Bigsie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?   Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?  

CBH
    ?

I'm sure they would both be marked somewhere, the jack looks like a panzer one.

Thanks Chris,

I've read that similar jack were used on trucks and train axles believe it or not. I bought the wheels but walked away from the jack because I wan't too sure and couldn't find any markings. I'll clean the wheels up this weekend and post the numbers on the rubber (66198?)

It doesn't look like a Pz III roller maybe from a Maultier tracked lorry? Difficult to be sure without measurements. The jack does look good though.

I'll get some dimensions and post this weekend. I thought the jack looked a little too agricultural compared to the ones I could see on line?

Bigsie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?  

It all looks a bit agri to me Bigsie, but for the right price its a nice little project to strip down and clean up and get working!

Yes, I agree. Trouble is I left it in Belgium where it was for sale. He had what I thought were a lot of bren gun carriers wheels too.

Default Better pictures

Took better pictures this weekend. 300mm dia,, BOEL 38, CL 13639, 69, C6?

Maultier? This would make sense as there were a number of carrier wheels in the same yard too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?   Rusty bits of metal - tank parts?  

Does anyone recognise these? I'm thinking Maultier?

Regards

John

Not had any luck with the maker or a positive ID on the wheels John. they aren't from an Opel Maultier for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast