Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

StuG III Part

Article about: Hi Guys Thought I would share with you my first ever panzer part. It is the sight cover on the roof near the cupola, the arm that attaches to the sight is a little bent.

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....and the half track? :-)
    Still working on the half track, slowed right down due to the winter, but still collecting the odd part. Working on wheel set number 5 at the moment, the centre spacer is all done, have started on the wheels.

?

I thought you would do red oxide as base then paint white since most tank insides are white? Or cream i cant remember

Magnolia ? :-)

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I thought you would do red oxide as base then paint white since most tank insides are white? Or cream i cant remember
    All the pictures I have seen are red oxide, but there are traces of original paint on both racks and it is not red oxide. One seems to be panzer grey and the other sand, will need to have a better look. Also the inside of tanks would be painted Ivory.

Lightbulb

KwK 40 rounds in those racks will make a great display.....

they certainly would....I had one of those hopes a couple of years ago....filling a US Grenadiers 40mm grenade vest with all the rounds to make the mannequin look good......I bought one round.....3 months later the slots were filled with scrunched up pages from the Sunday Times.....and about a year later the mannequin had gone to make room for helmets.......'s'funny how the collections often decide for you what goes where!

Good luck with Project Round tho

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Ouch ! That's cruel !

( And I wouldn't mind having the other interesting item behind the StuG.... )
    If you want an ex Finnish 88mm then you need to speak to Mr Bruce Crompton!

Smile

I think he's a bit out of my league !

?

On the topic of Bruce Crompton. Who noticed the minenwerfer he restored and “sold” on the TV series “combat dealers” has popped up for sale again by I presume his son
    Minenwerfer

Pretty awkward how staged the show is.

Another parts added to to the StuG III collection, this time an idler wheel hub cap with some original sand paint. It is heavier than it looks.

StuG III PartStuG III Part

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast