Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

which tank is this?

Article about: Hi everyone, just picked up this old wooden tank. Its about 20cm long, well made and heavy. I suspect its an old recognition model. I will clean it and do some light restoration. Does anyone

Default which tank is this?

Hi everyone, just picked up this old wooden tank. Its about 20cm long, well made and heavy. I suspect its an old recognition model. I will clean it and do some light restoration. Does anyone know which type of tank it is? Many thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture which tank is this?   which tank is this?  

Looks like a Vickers mark VI!....

looks similar to a ww1 whippet

My money's on the Vickers

Thanks very much for the comments. I cant match it with either of those types of tank, but I know there are variations, if you can find an relevant pictures please let me have them.

being a period piece (and wooden) I wouldn't expect Tamiya-esque accuracy...whatever it turns out to be :-)

Good luck

Any chance of any info about it??.....

Thanks for that, my thinking was that its a recognition model, in which case you would expect it would be highly accurate. If it turns out not to be accurate, that would imply differently. I'm not sure what additional information to provide you with, its clearly handmade, solid wood, and has no markings.

After further investigation and looking at the wheel and bogie design. it looks more like one of the Vickers Commercial/export models. But it also looks like it could be one of the many models of Japanese light tank.

...never mind.....

good luck.

I am leaning towards Japanese. I am away from my references right now but will be back later..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast