MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

TIGER II, piece of hull armour

Article about: Many years ago I was taken to the location just north of the River Seine, where Tiger II tactical number "301" of sPz Abt 503 had been abandoned in 1944. Apparently it remained int

Thank you lebus12 for the photos, I have seen them before but cannot find them again.

cheers lennard

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Wolfgang Schneider's 'Tigers In Normandy' has four photos of an abandoned, Porsche-turret Tiger at St Pol-en-Ternoise near Amiens. He identifies this one as Lt Rambow's mount, but no number is given.
    Hi
    The book of Schneider on "Tigers In Normandy " is filled with error like too many of these books, unfortunately. I got the new book Tiger I from s.pz.Abt.503 (Maranes) it corrected a lot of error. We discover on the photos (many unpublished) 400 photos and 290 pages only on Normandy, that the 3.pz.Abt.503 had received 4 Tiger ( et non 2 ) avec les numéros 300.301.331.333 with turrets of series, and 10 Tiger II with turret of beginning of production .
    I was able to discuss with the author Mr Stein and Stephan Cazenav his publisher at a book fair in Audrieu in Normandy in June 2022. Mr Stein was studied in the field also in the Vexin with the help of Bruno Renoult who was a precursor on the Tiger II studies of the SS101 and the 503 of the WH in the combats of Vexin.
    It is enough to read the very good note of this book which is already out of print since the beginning of the year.
    Tiger de la 503: s.Pz.Abt.503 - Panzerwrecks

Cool

Quote by lennard View Post
    Many years ago I was taken to the location just north of the River Seine, where Tiger II tactical number "301" of sPz Abt 503 had been abandoned in 1944.
    Attachment 1529130
    Hi Leonard, for this part and photo from the Tiger book of s.pz.Abt.503 by Mr Stein and Mr Cazenav, the photo you show is the Tiger II 331 in the Vexin.
    It was cut out.
    Your part comes from the same place and from the same Tiger II 301 entrusted to me by Bruno Renoult (Fontenay Saint Pere) during my visit with the Czech de Voyage group. It belongs to Klaus Neeb's Tiger II 301 which was shattered everywhere after the war car filled with explosives. You and I now have the same piece of this Tiger II 301 from the 503 heavy tank battalion.
    Friendly
    and same part of you which also comes from the Tiger II 301 and not 331.

Hi Kurt,
    Yes it was Bruno who took me to the location of Tiger 301.

Congratulations on your piece of 301, do you know from where in the panzer its from. ?

cheer PAUL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2