Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

W-SS License plate

Article about: Hi, Friend of mine has this SS license plate. Would like some opinions on authenticy, and if possible price range. The '4' was touched up, so I'm told. Thanks!

Default W-SS License plate

Hi, Friend of mine has this SS license plate. Would like some opinions on authenticy, and if possible price range. The '4' was touched up, so I'm told. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS License plate   W-SS License plate  

W-SS License plate   W-SS License plate  

?

I don't know anything about these but have extreme skepticism. The red stamp was recently placed as you can see the stamp over the rust spots. For me not authentic and not something I would put in my collection.

Tim

+ 1

?

Default Ss front license plate.

The item is ment to copy the front license plate for vehicles used by the Waffen SS. The eagle stamp should be above hash mark. Straight plates of this design were used on the fronts of vehicles. They should measure 475mm long by 90 mm high. This is a photo of reference I found regarding Waffen SS front license plate. Refererence is Waffen SS volume 1 by Bender and Taylor.

Item I believe is still a copy.

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS License plate  

hi,
    The plate looks like the smaller plate seen on Schwimmwagens, but the number is wrong for that age and type of vehicle.

cheers

Thanks all for your comments!

?

Also the stamp was rubber and matched up to the drivers I.D. according to the reference.

Tim