Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german hanomag prototype

Article about: seen this car today, at a very small car show. the guy that own this, hanomag said this car was made as a prototype for the german army in ww2. he found this car in england. dont no how long

Default ww2 german hanomag prototype

seen this car today, at a very small car show.
    the guy that own this, hanomag said this car was made as a prototype for the german army in ww2. he found this car in england. dont no how long ago but got it sent over here. he said its very hard to find any image of this car from ww2.
    he also owns a ww2 vw scwimmhwagon. that a army officer brought back after the war. thats waht he said i hope to get a chance to see it. thanks for looking mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german hanomag prototype   ww2 german hanomag prototype  

ww2 german hanomag prototype   ww2 german hanomag prototype  

ww2 german hanomag prototype   ww2 german hanomag prototype  

I once had a classic car collection, but never had any wartime vehicles.
    Thise one is awsome! Thanks for showing.
    Especialy because i was in to VW mainly.
    I once had the oportunity to buy a beetle prototype, but couldn't afford it ....thise one reminds me of it!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I once had a classic car collection, but never had any wartime vehicles.
    Thise one is awsome! Thanks for showing.
    Especialy because i was in to VW mainly.
    I once had the oportunity to buy a beetle prototype, but couldn't afford it ....thise one reminds me of it!
    cheers
    |<ris
    this guy collects VW cars vans. i think i made his day when i told him i seen a old vw van sitting in a shed on its own in field. not long ago. his eyes lit up, so i showed him where to go on a map. i hope it works out to be good.. he said this hanomag has a kubelwagen frame too. it was made for this car.

Interesting - I found some discussion about the vehicle here. Some suggestion that it is not authentic.

TheSamba.com :: View topic - 1937 Tatra T97 and VW Prototype

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Interesting - I found some discussion about the vehicle here. Some suggestion that it is not authentic.

TheSamba.com :: View topic - 1937 Tatra T97 and VW Prototype
    ha ha very good richie B thats why i like to post things on this site. this guy told me that his wifes granpar worked on this very car in the 30s but the chances are very unlikey.

Quote by geelong View Post
    this guy collects VW cars vans. i think i made his day when i told him i seen a old vw van sitting in a shed on its own in field. not long ago. his eyes lit up, so i showed him where to go on a map. i hope it works out to be good.. he said this hanomag has a kubelwagen frame too. it was made for this car.
    It looks a lot like a beetle! The engine is a VW for sure.
    I dont know for war time vehicles, but post war frames fit's for beetle's and 181 type's (the post war Kübel).

cheers
    |<ris

I even had a converted beetle, into a RR.
    It was a kit, sold in the late '70, that gave the car a very different aspect!
    All it took was the changing of both hoods and bumpers , and the front lamps! A black and silver paint job, and a red felt interior made it very complete.
    I 'll post pic's.... if I ever get to find them again.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

looks like a dummied up VW bettle to me.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    looks like a dummied up VW bettle to me.
    Me too Harry!.....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Me too Harry!.....
    I have not found reference to it, so perhaps it is.
    But still looks great

Cheers
    Nuno