Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1920's Cavalry visor

Article about: A Cavalry visor from the 1920's new to the collection. . .

Default 1920's Cavalry visor

A Cavalry visor from the 1920's new to the collection. . .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1920's Cavalry visor   1920's Cavalry visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1920's Cavalry visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1920's Cavalry visor

Hello Bill and long time no see man!

Please, take more detailed shots at all angles of your cap's body, the inside (especially the stamp), the star cockarde, and the visor & post them here when you have an opportunity.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I don't like this cap, blue cloth is a little bit strange, also the cap looks too fresh for 20's. Most of the 20's must be made from Imperial or imported materials, like for example your borderguards cap
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you, gentlemen, for your experienced observations. I will be up loading some additional photographs soon.

?

I'am waiting!
    Regards,
    Dimas

Sorry it took so long; had to figure out how to use the new digital camera my son gave to my wife.

Here they are in no particular order. Again, your comments and observations are most welcome. . .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1920's Cavalry visor   1920's Cavalry visor  

1920's Cavalry visor   1920's Cavalry visor  

The stamp on the interior. . .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1920's Cavalry visor  

Regretfully Bill I have some doubts about this one...

1- The entire cap seems to have been immersed in some type of dirty liquid and then dried. Can you feel any kind of fine grit if you give it a few pats or search with a fingernail in the nooks and crannies?

2- That star cockarde; Too thick and clumsy to be an authentic M22, and it too seems to have been artificially aged. See my post about your OGPU BG cap.

3- The visor; It seems that the edges have been deliberately scuffed to remove the blackening. Also, the surface seems to have been scuffed and/or artificially oxidized to imitate age.

4- The "aged" sweatband is the typical brown coloured material commonly found on fake caps.

5- The lining seems to be like new.

6- The stamp; I really can not see, but going by the previous five attributes that I have observed - QUESTIONABLE to say the least.

NOTE: The above are only my OPINIONS.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Yes, it was gritty, as you say, and quite dusty when I gave it a pat. Not to worry, Richie, I can simply return it. I appreciate your experienced observations as well as Dimas'; thank you both. . .

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Regretfully Bill I have some doubts about this one...

1- The entire cap seems to have been immersed in some type of dirty liquid and then dried. Can you feel any kind of fine grit if you give it a few pats or search with a fingernail in the nooks and crannies?

2- That star cockarde; Thick and clumsy, and it too seems to have been artificially aged. See my post about your OGPU BG cap.

3- The visor; It seems that the edges have been deliberately scuffed to remove the blackening. Also, the surface seems to have been scuffed and/or artificially oxidized to imitate age.

4- The "aged" sweatband is the typical brown coloured material commonly found on fake caps.

5- The lining seems to be like new.

6- The stamp; I really can not see, but going by the previous five attributes that I have observed - QUESTIONABLE to say the least.

NOTE: The above are only my OPINIONS.
    Richie, here is my points:
    2 Original star , great for 30's caps, but in condition not for this early cap.
    3 Visor is original, but they was found in a big quantity in unpainted condition in the ex-8 MAPTA factory's attic

4 The sweatband prodused with that kind of relief found in original caps dated from 1928 year

Probably a rework of a good and moth eaten cap
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast